So I'm running on 5.0 + hybrid and as everyone that has it knows, there's little to no lag since the upgrade. Well this week, not only is bbm a suspect to blackberry services to be down, but now I'm experiencing huge lag ever since upgrading to the new bbm. Things like my background will be missing for a few seconds after ending a call, or apps taking forever and a day to load. These problems weren't here last week and the only thing I've changed is bbm. I'd hate to blame bbm for my problems but there are huge arrows pointing in that direction. Anyone else having lag issues lately? Any advice?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 04:34 AM
    Which version are you running as .55 and .56 have proven to be buggy. If you have either of those get .57.
    If you already have .57 and think it may be the culprit simply uninstall and see if your os smooths out. If it does reinstall .57 and see if it remains smooth or starts lagging again.
    12-24-09 06:20 AM
    yes on the storm
    12-24-09 06:43 AM
    Hi. I have the Tour as well running via vzw.... I'm just download .57 from .56 and my BBM gave me an error. I'm doing a batt-pull to see what happens when it turns back on... I'm so upset with RIM... I've been new to RIM since July 08 and these outages are getting on my last nerve & so are the updates. I dnt mind updating so long they go smoothly... Isnt called Research In Motion?? I dont see that they indeed do enough research to keep us happy. Sucks to be on a contract and i'm trying to make the best of it.
    12-24-09 06:44 AM
    My phone is lagging more as well. The only things I've changed are updates to BBM and Pandora apps. I might uninstall one at a time to see if it clears up. I hope it's not either one, although I don't know what else it could be, as I use both daily.
    12-24-09 08:17 AM
    a problem with BBM not not make the phone lag. Blackberry service will not make a phone lag either, its the OS that would make the phone lag. A service has nothing to do with how the phone itself acts.
    12-24-09 08:28 AM
    So is it smart to download 5.xxxx on the official tour OS? BBM that is, just got the tour for my mom and i dont wanna install any leaks on hers due to the fact that she wont be able to go to VZW for assistance in the event something happens....she lives 5 hours away.....should i upgrade BBM or not?
    12-24-09 09:55 AM
    Same here all my problems (lags, stalls woke up this morning phone said no coverage had to reboot) started when I installed BB Messenger.57 everything else is stock besides Viigo and Camera Mute app and I have been running those since July also been running OS since it's release. And memory went from 123 to 111.
    12-24-09 11:18 AM
    I noticed the same thing as well. Everything was fine til I installed .57.
    12-25-09 02:40 AM