11-25-09 11:32 PM
39 12
tools
    Hey,

i wanna download it, but i wanna get feedback on what ppl think of it. does it make the phone lag more, or is there little to no difference in the performance? Thanks in advance.
    10-08-09 01:58 AM
    You will love it, try it. If you don't like it you can always go back
    10-08-09 01:59 AM
    just downloading it now on my 8100, cant believe its 2.8MB?! from the app store.

shall let you know thoughts and feelings.

**UPDATE**

well having waited for what seemed like ages for all 2.8MB to download the app store just goes hour glass crazy and eventually i resorted to a battery pull.

has anyone managed to download it yet?

**UPDATE** 2

another download followed by a battery pull. it gets to the ready to be installed part but the hour glass remains. hmmm. am i just impaitent?!
    Last edited by luciano; 10-08-09 at 06:15 AM. Reason: updated post
    10-08-09 05:21 AM
    10-08-09 06:43 AM
    that link doesnt work buddy. if on your browser you go to blackberry.com/messenger that should take you to it.

in my applications list it shows messenger as 5.0.0.33 yet i see no change and as per a previous thread i cant access the about option to see OS (only been like that since OS upgrade.)
    10-08-09 07:30 AM
    that link doesnt work buddy. if on your browser you go to blackberry.com/messenger that should take you to it.

in my applications list it shows messenger as 5.0.0.33 yet i see no change and as per a previous thread i cant access the about option to see OS (only been like that since OS upgrade.)
    Try a battery pull. You can check your OS version by typing 'myver' into an email or something and it will give you the model of your phone and your current OS.
    10-08-09 07:38 AM
    just downloading it now on my 8100, cant believe its 2.8MB?! from the app store.

shall let you know thoughts and feelings.

**UPDATE**

well having waited for what seemed like ages for all 2.8MB to download the app store just goes hour glass crazy and eventually i resorted to a battery pull.

has anyone managed to download it yet?

**UPDATE** 2

another download followed by a battery pull. it gets to the ready to be installed part but the hour glass remains. hmmm. am i just impaitent?!
    Hmm be a lil more patient, it does take a while after it says ready!

Use this link if you're still having a problem

http://www.blackberry.com/send/messenger
    10-08-09 07:39 AM
    The link absolutely works, it's what I used myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 07:43 AM
    Use the link in my guide.
    might have been me then, on the pc it links to a page that doesnt exhist. sorry not with it today. apologies!!

loving the myver tip, and i am running 4.5.0.163 and i notice no difference from previous 4.2 although i noticed alot of difference when i went upto 4.2 i.e. email format, few new menus.

after all of that the new BBM looks the same as MSN. not sure what i was expecting but slight anti-climax in my opinion. i like the look of the barcodes so will have to find out what thats all about.

THANK YOU all.
    10-08-09 08:14 AM
    I got it on my pearl after 2 or 3 attempts. I downloaded it from App World, and then reinstalled from the mobile blackberry site

Just make sure you don't use it with Quick Launch. It will lock up BBM 5.
    10-08-09 08:46 AM
    I downloaded it from App World, too and it worked, it just took forever. It took, like, probably an hour for it to download and install. After it did, though, it was up and running perfectly. I've got no problems with it. Seriously, get it. You're really gonna like it.
    10-08-09 02:24 PM
    That AppWorld download is insane, the link I posted is a nice backdoor download.

10-08-09 02:37 PM
    ^^Yeah, I wish I would've found that link before I did it through App World. It literally took an hour, almost two. =/
    10-08-09 05:33 PM
    I downloaded it no problems on the first try through app world. Anyone notice the missing shortcut use now?
    10-08-09 06:22 PM
    Well folks, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm having way to many issues with the official BBM5. The leaked version was working perfectly for me. I'm going to do my best to load it back up tomorrow. And try to slip the improved smileys in there too.

10-09-09 11:14 PM
    Actually now I have noticed I can no longer send voice msgs across bbm. Gonna try to reload and see if that improves the situation.

In the meantime, has anyone else notice this?
    10-10-09 03:57 AM
    Awesome I believe is the right word here.
    It's fast and I love the new features.
    Truly wish I had more friends in BBM

Have it on two Pearls installed now, created a group, played around sending pictures and files. No bugs so far.

Oh, and on one Pearl the download was 2.4mb on the other it was 2.5mb
    And on both just normal reboottime like after installing any new app.
    Nice transparant icon in homescreen.

According to BigBadWolf I will soon experience some problems...
    But for the moment (and Pearl users know how to enjoy every small thing of our blackberry) I love BBM5....
    Last edited by samsams; 10-10-09 at 01:14 PM.
    10-10-09 01:11 PM
    Okay Pearl Users,
    What's you file free memory like after downloading BBM 5.0?
    10-10-09 02:14 PM
    I am in love with BBM5!
    10-10-09 03:02 PM

Hmm I can't download it @ all. I have tried and tried, any advice?

10-10-09 09:08 PM
    Hmm I can't download it @ all. I have tried and tried, any advice?

You really do have to wait awhile. It took me 3 tries, and for the final try it spent about 30 minutes with the hourglass. Just try waiting, if that's what is happening to you.

I couldn't try the backup links other are providing because I never got the pages to load. (I think too many people were trying to get on them) But through app world it really does take awhile.
    10-10-09 09:25 PM
    Yep, make sure your browser emulation mode is set to blackberry, and have a lot of patience. It's the only way your going to get the official loaded. Me, I put the leaked copy back on mine, but that takes more than a OTA download to do.

I find it hard to believe someone can find CrackBerry using Google,
    yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

10-10-09 09:35 PM
    Ok, couple questions how do I set my browser to blackberry mode? Everytime I look for it it just says my browser is internet browser and t zones. I also downloaded app world but where is blackberry messenger 5.0? Ahh I'm so confused! Lol

10-11-09 12:26 AM
    You're in the right section. It's in browser configuration, near the bottom. Also be sure all the Java support boxes are checked.

I find it hard to believe someone can find CrackBerry using Google,
    yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

10-11-09 12:35 AM
    I can't seem to find the app on app world, I was looking @ another post BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 and it seems as if you are using a 8100 and not 4.7 software you can't can't download the app which is moi, I'm @ 4.2 so now I'm off to figure out how to upgrade.

10-11-09 12:31 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD