Hey everyone, I have been enjoying my Blackberry Torch lately and I just starting using Social Feeds, I had it hidden in the application folder for a while.

I believe many of you will agree Social Feeds isn't all there yet. It feels like it's missing something and just isn't completely finished. So my question is if you could add/ remove/ change something in Social Feeds what would you change?

1. I would add an option to refresh all feeds when you open the application.
    10-11-10 12:10 AM
    I would add that, along with a standard refresh interval, plus the option to default to RSS feeds when it's opened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 12:29 AM
    Improve the battery use, I loved having that app, but I only had it for a week because it drained my battery.

10-11-10 06:43 AM
    Maybe it's just me but I don't get the point of it. Social feeds only seemed to update when I went into FB or Twitter and in effect would then notify me twice.

I've since stopped using it as (a) it flattened the battery (b) I didn't get the point and (c) I really didn't like the native twitter app which is the only one that integrates.

10-11-10 07:22 AM
    The three things I miss the most (having come from Socialscope) are:-

- the ability to see your @mentions in a timeline of their own (including FB notifications)
    - showing FB 'likes' (I can't find a setting that even pushes them to my FB app... someone fill me in if I'm wrong there)
    - multiple twitter accounts

That would do me.

In the meantime, I'm happy enough with the way it works

barljo
    10-11-10 07:30 AM
    The ability to copy a rss feed from the bb browser straight to the social feed. I hate having to type in the address everytime I want to add a new feed

10-11-10 07:42 AM
    I would like it to be able to remove game feeds from facebook and just do wall to wall or status updates.
    10-11-10 08:47 AM
    IMO, the best way to improve it would be to get rid of it. Get rid of it, and all the other "social" networking crap on the phone. Blackberries, maybe more than any other single device, started this whole self-absorbed narcissistic trend in our society today, and now social networking sites are coming along to take it to a whole new level.

Mark Zuckerberg and the rest should be publicly flogged, then dragged through the streets for their crimes against humanity. The last thing we need are a whole new generation of self-absorbed narcissistic twits running around.

Seriously... Quick flash poll... Next time you go to a mall or large retail store, count the number of tween type people who will be walking around in pairs or groups, and each person will be completely absorbed in whatever pointless drivel someone is putting on Facebook or texting them. They are right there, with at least one friend, yet are completely ignoring them for someone who could be anywhere in the world. I especially love it when you see a couple that's dating, and one hand is holding the hand of their boyfriend/girlfriend, and the other is holding the phone to their ear while each of them talks to someone else. It's just SOOOOO romantic, it makes me all teary eyed.

But really, I'd say that's about the only way you could improve that app. Get rid of the entire thing. Let us focus a bit more on face to face, or at least personal, communications. And yes, I am aware of the irony that I am posting on a web forum, and that it's not really quite ironic, more ironicish, but that's another subject.
    10-11-10 09:18 AM
    Battery life
    Real integration with FB and Twitter-You still have to go into the app to do something and you get a notification from the apps and social feed
    Google Reader sync
    I deleted it after trying it out. I already have BerryReader so social feeds doesn't benefit me at all.
    10-11-10 09:50 AM
    I'm not experiencing the battery drain others seem to be with SF. What are your Twitter and FB refresh rates (mine are set for 30 minutes)? I believe that sets the SF refresh rate. And you do not necessarily have to go into the native apps to do everything. I like that I can post directly to T4BB and FB simultaneously from Social Feeds directly. I use it for that and as a "clearance house" where I can peruse and screen my feeds for interesting ones that I would want to pursue further in the native apps (and that's a pretty small percentage).
    10-11-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD