BBM is good but it could be so much better. Top of my list are:

1) Disable broadcast messages. They're annoying and I've never had a good one.

2) Automatically tells people when you're having a phone conversation: changes your status message to "on a call"

3) Changing your status (available, busy, etc..) more simply. It could be so much easier. Couple of ways it could be done: how about on touchscreen phones you could hold down the BBM icon and select your status from within the menu. Or it could change with your sound profile (silent profile = busy)
    Torchaddict99 and daveshiz like this.
    09-23-11 06:01 PM
    There is only one change I want. Let me send any size file I want. I don't care if it takes a while.
    That would be pretty cool. I'd like to change the voice note option. Like, when I play them it plays on speaker and I don't like that.
    09-23-11 06:49 PM
    Agree with the file size. Besides that I wouldn't change much. After using just about every platform minus windows phones, without a doubt in my mind nothing works as good as BBM does. It is smooth, still has a lot of people on it (actually wouldn't mind bbm to be cross platformed) and is just as fluid as can be. I have used every cross platform chat client/app and nothing compares to BBM. I really do miss it being on Android now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 06:49 PM
    "Check in" integrated so we can check in places
    09-23-11 07:45 PM
    I really like the idea of the status changing when you're on the phone
    09-23-11 10:30 PM
    If BBM had file size limits removed... It would be nice. But there are other services for that, ie. dropbox. Maybe dropbox integration?
    09-23-11 10:36 PM
    I would like to see the ability to select who sees your 'status' ! Like if I have co-workers in one category they would not see the same status I would want my friends to see.
    This would make bbm perfect to me and would also stop certain people from thinking my status was meant for them alone !
    dentynefire likes this.
    09-23-11 10:43 PM
    DISABLE BBM BROADCAST MESSAGES!!

I can see no valid reason for having them and while RIM obviously does as it wouldn't have integrated them otherwise I'd at the very least like to see an option to opt out of receiving them!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-11 11:04 AM
    Easy. Cross platform.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 09:22 PM
    PIN system = gone.

Emails should definitely suffice. Login, have all your BBM info automatically on a new or reformatted phone.

Simplify it.

Integration with Facebook and even Facebook chat somehow.
    09-24-11 09:25 PM
    Change the BB Groups Notification System and also remove the BB Groups limit on members. Broadcast is helpful because I have my contacts sorted in categories so I can choose who I want to send to because I use them to tell people what's going on and important stuff
    09-25-11 07:25 AM
    DISABLE BBM BROADCAST MESSAGES!!

I can see no valid reason for having them and while RIM obviously does as it wouldn't have integrated them otherwise I'd at the very least like to see an option to opt out of receiving them!
    luckily i aint had much hassle with bc
    however both my daughters are constantly
    getting crappy useless bulls*** from them
    09-25-11 11:10 AM
    Integrate it into the SMS App. BBM > SMS for people who are logged into BBM and in your BBM contact list.

Allow phone to automatically sent out a BBM invite when you add a PIN to their contact profile (togglable option).
    09-25-11 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD