I have MOST of my contacts synced with an email address that no longer exits...is there anyway to change which e-mail address they are synced to?

07-09-10 01:06 PM
    Not sure if this would work but.....

I am going to assume you had that email addy at one time and have changed if so check the following:

Options/Advanced Options Default Services and under messaging change it to your new email.
    07-09-10 02:50 PM
    Not sure if this would work but.....

I am going to assume you had that email addy at one time and have changed if so check the following:

Options/Advanced Options Default Services and under messaging change it to your new email.
    I am having the same problem as OP and this did NOT work... Anything else?
    07-09-10 08:10 PM
    Anyone have a solution???
    07-10-10 09:39 AM
    I just resent the service books and that didn't do a thing...
    07-10-10 10:21 AM
    yeah I am in the same boat, I have 2 sets of contacts, one for a old email address and one for the new one. It says "contact blah blah sync with whatever@yahoo.com". So now I am with 2 of the exact same contacts and no way to delete on set of them. Hope someone has a solution
    07-10-10 10:42 AM
    Nobody has any input on how to fix this issue???
    07-10-10 06:06 PM
    Well, I've tried everything.. And nothing worked.. I really don't wanna have to reinstall the os....
    07-11-10 12:05 AM
    You can do a complete security wipe but that takes off all your messages too. This wasn't well thought out before RIM released it. Myabe CB should do some looking into this? If not, I am going to a droid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 12:09 AM
    You can do a complete security wipe but that takes off all your messages too. This wasn't well thought out before RIM released it. Myabe CB should do some looking into this? If not, I am going to a droid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As of right now, I might make the switch as well...
    07-11-10 09:43 AM
    i'm so frustrated with this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-11-10 11:23 AM
    i'm so frustrated with this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aren't we all in this thread?
    07-11-10 11:53 AM
    have u tried logging into your BIS account in your setup folder? go to your setup folder than to your email settings where u have to log in with ur username and password. mine is just my yahoo username and password. then highlight ur yahoo email then hit the bb menu button and select edit. scroll to the bottom and there is a drop down box that says syncranization (hope i spelled that right lol). there is an option if you want to sync contacts with email and another option to sync deleted emails. i always leave the option to sync my contacts unchecked. try this it may work...hope that helps
    Last edited by MBM7881; 07-11-10 at 12:16 PM.
    MikeBird likes this.
    07-11-10 11:56 AM
    I had the same issue, I went to the contacts option and typed RSET and it deleted all my contacts and sync options. I put my contacts back on and I'm good to go, make sure you have the sync option set to no.
    07-11-10 05:18 PM
    have u tried logging into your BIS account in your setup folder? go to your setup folder than to your email settings where u have to log in with ur username and password. mine is just my yahoo username and password. then highlight ur yahoo email then hit the bb menu button and select edit. scroll to the bottom and there is a drop down box that says syncranization (hope i spelled that right lol). there is an option if you want to sync contacts with email and another option to sync deleted emails. i always leave the option to sync my contacts unchecked. try this it may work...hope that helps
    This didn't help. Thanks though.

I had the same issue, I went to the contacts option and typed RSET and it deleted all my contacts and sync options. I put my contacts back on and I'm good to go, make sure you have the sync option set to no.
    This didn't either...

Anybody else have any input?
    07-11-10 05:57 PM
    [QUOTE=RoyalGunz;5336291]This didn't help. Thanks though.

Oh sorry...wish i coulda helped...have u maybe tried deleting the yahoo email account through BIS, a battery pull, then setting it up again? sorry thats all i got wish i could be of more help
    07-11-10 06:11 PM
    Ok lady's and gents, here is a link to follow some instructions, it worked, just watch which list your deleting or your gonna lose them all. Also, another caution, ensure your wireless sync is OFF or your gonna lose them on yahoo as well. Hope this helps everyone.
    Deleting a Contact List - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Long short, goto contacts, options, type rset and follow the prompts. Again, a warning, turn off your wireless sync first.
    07-12-10 10:58 PM
    This is the best advice....I did it and it worked like a charm! I was having the issue of adding an additional email address to my blackberry and it sync'd both contact lists resulting duplicates. This works!
    08-17-10 05:40 PM
    This worked for me...I just wiped all my contacts out and then it re-synced from my enterprise account and not my gmail.
    11-19-11 01:32 PM
    I just did this and when i go to DM to restore my contacts it don't let me the email address i had them synced to i don't use any more.
    12-22-11 09:50 AM
    This worked perfectly, with a few adjustments as I'm using a Torch 9810 and things have moved on a tad. Thanks very much.
    02-15-12 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD