I came to states and had my old blackberry bold with me so my husband insisted me to take a postpaid number... I bought a sim card but that sim billing is done in my husbands name..my question is can he read my bbm and SMS by logging into the AT&T account online?is it possible to track or get the script of old bbms and SMS?
    03-10-12 03:34 PM
    No he can't read anything.
    If you go online onto myAT&T, the numbers you text will show but not the contents of the messages.
    BBM goes through RIM servers so no one ever sees those.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 03-10-12 at 03:44 PM.
    03-10-12 03:35 PM
    I came to states and had my old blackberry bold with me so my husband insisted me to take a postpaid number... I bought a sim card but that sim billing is done in my husbands name..my question is can he read my bbm and SMS by logging into the AT&T account online?is it possible to track or get the script of old bbms and SMS?
    He won't be able to see any info related to BBM. He will be able to see the # you send and receive text messages to/from and the frequency, but can't read the content of the messages. He can also see the phone numbers to call and receive calls from.
    03-10-12 03:43 PM
    It is as safe as it gets. There is nothing that has ever gotten through RIM servers. Your transmissions are encrypted and secure.
    03-10-12 06:56 PM
    Hmmm.

No, you BBMs and SMS are safe from the husband...unless the person who received them shows it to him.
    03-10-12 07:54 PM
    The only way he can read your BBM messages if you have chat history enabled and is storing the messages on a memory card, he can then load the mem.crd on the laptop, find the "im" folder and open each Excel file which will list each PIN you've had a convo with.
    03-10-12 08:30 PM
    Are you hiding something?
    He will need the actual phone to see the BBM chat and history of the saved chats.
    03-11-12 08:07 PM
    BBM history can only be seen on your phone unless you did a back up on you email, SD or Blackberry Desktop Manager. Yous husband has to have a blackberry phone to access those though. so we can say its safe.
    03-11-12 09:07 PM
    Yeah, no way he can get them without your phone. BBM's are triple DES encrypted using a shared key, that way even if a message is intercepted, the user would have to use a BB to open it, but they wouldn't even be able tell it were a BBM in the first place, and to even intercept it, they would have to breach your carriers encryption, or if on wifi the secure connection between your BB and RIM's servers.
    03-11-12 09:17 PM
    no bbm's can be read and the only way he could read the texts is if he got a court order to do so. usually only happens during a police investigation or a divorce.
    03-11-12 11:41 PM
    My guess is the divorce will only come after he read the bbms and text messages!! Lol Just kidding but seriously, you should be pretty safe from him reading anything.
    Last edited by up488; 03-12-12 at 07:32 AM.
    03-12-12 01:23 AM
    Discretion being the better part of valour, never commit anything to writing that you're not prepared to defend.
    It takes two. And the recipient may develop alternative plans and motivations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 02:23 PM
    Discretion being the better part of valour, never commit anything to writing that you're not prepared to defend.
    It takes two. And the recipient may develop alternative plans and motivations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sounds good to me.

OP if your phone is backed up useing Desk top Manager, with the right software the SMS and call logs and Contacts can be read without further need for access to the phone. BBM isn't included in the backup so safe.

However Qbnkelt's observations are well worth noting.
    03-12-12 04:28 PM
    Thank you guys for your posts.. Well my concern is only for my BBM message not SMS. thank you once again.
    03-13-12 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD