Hi all, this is my first post here so I hope its in the right place. I am a long time Nokia user and have just made the switch to BB, had this phone for almost two weeks now and am loving it bar one issue. I am a member of a fishing group in BBM, I got notifications of a group chat which has since been deleted from the group aswell as event notifications from the group's calender. For the life of me I can't remove these notifications from the notifications screen (when you tap the top of the home screen) and it is driving me bonkers. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 05:17 AM
    Hi and welcome to BlackBerry!

The way to disable BBM Group notifications is fairly simple. Go into the group profile, then select the Options key with the BB logo > select "View Group Details" from the menu > then at the bottom select "Turn Off All Notifications For This Group". So I believe you won't receive any notifications whatsoever for the group. No sound, it won't show in your messages folder, and it won't show in the notification bar.

Hope that helps!
    04-16-11 06:32 AM
    Thanks for your reply, that was the first thing I did when I noticed that I couldn't remove the notifications. The problem is that I can't remove the notifications that are already there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 07:11 AM
    When in doubt, pull it out.

But seriously, try a battery pull. If you already cleared the events and notifications and ghost ones are still there, physically pull out the battery, wait a couple minutes and put it back in.
    04-16-11 07:44 AM
    I deleted the calender events from my phones calender and that took them from my notifications after a battery pull.

Now its just the group chat notification which is there (the one where the chat no longer exists)

I cant understand why RIM didnt include an option to physically clear the notifications tab.

I wonder if re-installing the operating system will help.
    Last edited by GeneralJ; 04-16-11 at 08:58 AM.
    04-16-11 08:38 AM
    Hi and welcome to BlackBerry!

The way to disable BBM Group notifications is fairly simple. Go into the group profile, then select the Options key with the BB logo > select "View Group Details" from the menu > then at the bottom select "Turn Off All Notifications For This Group". So I believe you won't receive any notifications whatsoever for the group. No sound, it won't show in your messages folder, and it won't show in the notification bar.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the info
    04-16-11 09:04 AM
    I deleted the calender events from my phones calender and that took them from my notifications after a battery pull.

Now its just the group chat notification which is there (the one where the chat no longer exists)

I cant understand why RIM didnt include an option to physically clear the notifications tab.

I wonder if re-installing the operating system will help.
    Try doing a battery pull. I'm a member of a group and I don't receive any notifications at all, not even in my notification bar.
    04-16-11 04:50 PM
    Well I went to be last night and it was still there, woke up this morning and it was gone, now at long last it says "you currently have no new notifications".
    I am not sure if it clears itself after a period or if the BB Faeries answered my prayers and came and fixed it while I slept. All I know is that I can stop being bugged by something that's not perfect on the phone
    04-17-11 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD