My friend can do it on his curve bot just by looking at a different contacts message but he can read the full message somehow no msatter the lenght without sending the "read" sign to the senderrrr some help please my ppl at crackberry help me out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 12:07 AM
    The only way I can think of it is when the person is in the conversation, hold down the BB key to multi-task out of the convo, then when you get a message, BB key and multi-task back into the convo. This will keep the dot the 'yellow' color instead of clear. Just don't scroll at all or it will be 'R'.
    10-10-10 12:15 AM
    You can also enable 'Save chat history' and when someone talks to you, but don't want them to know you've read it, simply look in the history:P.
    10-10-10 02:28 AM
    @Costumed

Exactly - the only way I found out how to get around this is just enable history, then when somebody messages you, instead of opening it, you delete the convo then open up the history to see what they said.

Kinda slimey....but whatevs.
    10-10-10 06:38 AM
    @Costumed

Exactly - the only way I found out how to get around this is just enable history, then when somebody messages you, instead of opening it, you delete the convo then open up the history to see what they said.

Kinda slimey....but whatevs.
    Exactly. But you don't have to delete the convo. Just simply open history and you'll see the last message included in your history. Plus they don't get the 'r' that you've read it:P.
    10-10-10 06:55 AM
    The only way I can think of it is when the person is in the conversation, hold down the BB key to multi-task out of the convo, then when you get a message, BB key and multi-task back into the convo. This will keep the dot the 'yellow' color instead of clear. Just don't scroll at all or it will be 'R'.
    But what do you do if someone else talks to you on BBM? How do you get out of the convo you're in at that moment?
    10-10-10 07:13 AM
    What I do is in bbm options set it to show chats in message app. So when I get a message, I just go to my email folder and can view the bbm message. If its a long message you just might he able to view the while message.

10-10-10 07:25 AM
    Thanks peeps

10-10-10 01:21 PM
    What I do is in bbm options set it to show chats in message app. So when I get a message, I just go to my email folder and can view the bbm message. If its a long message you just might he able to view the while message.
    I do this as well. I've also become very selective as who I exchange pins with, therefore I won't have to worry about dodging so many convos...

10-10-10 06:03 PM
    You could just turn off network connections, then read it, then turn them back on. Haven't tested this but I don't think it would repeatedly try to send the "read" status even after the network has been turned back on.
    10-10-10 08:48 PM
    But what do you do if someone else talks to you on BBM? How do you get out of the convo you're in at that moment?
    I believe you can use the BB key and close the convo.

I did not know about the chat history, so that would be more effective.
    10-11-10 05:12 PM
    If you have to go to all that trouble so they don't know you've read the msg... just delete them and you'll never know
    09-08-12 11:17 PM
    Use the end call button and stay in the convo. If you go back in they won't know you've read it.
    09-08-12 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD