For those who have OS6 on their 9650's, how much better is the browsing experience than it was with OS5. For me, with OS5, the internet experience is possibly the biggest weak spot for the Bold. I'm getting pretty impatient with VZW taking so long to release OS6. Is it worth it to install it from Sprint just to get the webkit browser?
    01-24-11 07:26 PM
    I have it on the 9700... and once you get used to the different formating of the browser.... in my opinion (not everyone) there is no going back
    01-24-11 07:29 PM
    Well, as of today, this post popped up-so us VzW people may not have to wait much longer!
    Verizon Updated Bold 9650 Support Page Today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 07:29 PM
    The OS5 browser sucks, and the OS6 browser sucks a LITTLE less. Both are painfully slow compared to everything else.
    01-24-11 07:39 PM
    When you say different formatting, what do you mean by this? When you say no going back, do you say this because of the browser speed in page load times or something else?

I have it on the 9700... and once you get used to the different formating of the browser.... in my opinion (not everyone) there is no going back
    01-24-11 07:44 PM
    You can always try using Bolt as your browser, most people have had better luck with Bolt.
    01-24-11 07:46 PM
    Mainly learning how to maximize the zoom features and getting used to no column view. As well as using Tabs and the scrolling take a bit of getting used to
    01-24-11 07:47 PM
    I'm confused. So, it's not really that much better than the current one?
    01-24-11 07:52 PM
    The BB 6 browser takes some getting used to. I like it more now but their are some sites especially the CB forums that are difficult to say the least. So for those sites I use Bolt as another option.
    01-24-11 07:52 PM
    I'm confused. So, it's not really that much better than the current one?
    Let's put it this way: when I had my Fascinate, it was my main browsing source. Now that I have my BlackBerry, it's easier/less stressful sometimes to just turn my laptop on. It IS better than the OS5 browser, but in my experience it's not that much better.
    01-24-11 07:55 PM
    Mainly learning how to maximize the zoom features and getting used to no column view. As well as using Tabs and the scrolling take a bit of getting used to
    If you go to browser-options and check enable keytboard shortcuts you can get the buttons like OS5 like "I" for in and "o" for out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 07:56 PM
    For those who have OS6 on their 9650's, how much better is the browsing experience than it was with OS5. For me, with OS5, the internet experience is possibly the biggest weak spot for the Bold. I'm getting pretty impatient with VZW taking so long to release OS6. Is it worth it to install it from Sprint just to get the webkit browser?
    Well, why would you wait till VZW releases OS6?
    It's been running on my phone for two months.
    Install it and see for yourself if you like the webkit browser. Tabbed browsing is great but I prefer Bolt as it allows me to actually SEE the print. lol

I thought the browsing experience on OS5 was great! I long for those days again. lol

Try 6 for yourself and see. If the browsing experience is not what you need or desire, make a change. Make yourself happy. I did. I have a 9650 on OS6. I couldn't be happier.

PS Hiiiiiiiiii 67Tucker! Miss you!
    01-24-11 08:08 PM
    I like the Tab Browsing. If I'm on a page, then open a link in an Email, it would open up a new Tab. That way, the page I was previously reading before I clicked on the link would still be intact.

I really miss Column View in the OS 5 browser.

Also there are sites that the font is too small and can't be adjusted.

Best Buy Mobile, YouTube, Facebook Touch Site, ... just to name a few.
    01-24-11 08:34 PM
    IMO the OS6 browser is not much better but that's not a deal-breaker for me. I like OS 6 including universal search much better that OS 5 because it saves me time.
    01-24-11 10:26 PM
    opera mini / bolt browsers are just not my taste unfortunatly ... i prefer the native OS6 browser to any other ... ONLY for those whom learned the native browser shortcuts
    05-29-11 09:12 PM
    The OS6 Browser IMO is constrained by the slow hardware on the Bold 9650...if it had a 1Ghz CPU under the hood, it could have more potential.

But other than that, it is a significant improvement over the OS5 browser.
    05-29-11 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD