03-18-10 07:24 PM
36 12
tools
    I have a friend with a Pearl, but she can't get BBM for some reason. I'm not sure but I don't think she has a data plan, though I thought that was impossible that if you activate a BB, you need to have some kind of data plan. Shes on AT&T, is there a way for her to get it still?
    Just as for e-mail push she might need the additional Blackberry option?
    03-17-10 01:44 PM
    I would love to use BBM since it seems to be pretty functional and runs well on the BB, but I don't have any contacts there (almost none of my friends have a BB). I always see everyone posting their PIN on Facebook (BB fan site) etc., but doesn't that involve any risks??? Besides these people are complete strangers
    As far as risk not really. I mean I've heard of people running into perverts here and there, but then all you have to do is delete them. The only information they receive from being on your bbm is your pin number, and whatever you talk about with them. They won't have your cell number or email. Nothing like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 01:49 PM
    only a few of my friends are on BBM and another few from cb. it's really disgusting to meet people who are pervertic, sending disgusting pictures or try to talk dirty.
    the good thing is that "delete" is just clicks away. lol
    03-17-10 02:01 PM
    I have a friend with a Pearl, but she can't get BBM for some reason. I'm not sure but I don't think she has a data plan, though I thought that was impossible that if you activate a BB, you need to have some kind of data plan. Shes on AT&T, is there a way for her to get it still?
    Yes, Pearl can use BBM, all Blackberries can, it's exlusvie to BB users. BBM comes stocked with the OS I believe but if you want to get the new version, you have to somehow install it on your device either via wifi or download the files for DM install.

To use BBM you DO need the Blackberry service either a personal email plan or data plan, you cannot use BBM without some sort of Email or Data plan, that's the perk of being a Blackberry user. In another words, you cannot get BBM if you just have a voice plan on a Blackberry phone. Would be nice though
    03-17-10 09:01 PM
    only a few of my friends are on BBM and another few from cb. it's really disgusting to meet people who are pervertic, sending disgusting pictures or try to talk dirty.
    the good thing is that "delete" is just clicks away. lol
    Best thing is never give our your BB pin to anyone you dont' want as a friend. I have a few friends that I use BBM with but our provider also offers free IM services, ie. Live Messenger, Yahoo etc. So for the people I don't have BBM with, they are usually on my norm chat client like MSN so it works out perfect.
    03-17-10 09:06 PM
    Bbm is very handy. Its a great way to connect with people. I have over 100 contacts and only 1 is a friend. The others are people I met on the forums.

03-17-10 09:54 PM
    You dont have BBM5, or?
    There you can backup your PIN Friends and restore after reinstall, or new install.

I use it not often. shame... I have only one Person from this Forum in my Messenger and a Neighbor.
    But i really like the BBM.
    I do, but hadn't backed up my friends, and now I'm suffering for it haha. Thanks for the tip though
    03-18-10 06:49 AM
    BBM is the best, its like faster msn with ur bb buddies, can send pics real quick and its totally FREEEEE, in countries like where I am, Dominican Republic, theres no free sms thing, so having a free way to chat is the bomb out here
    03-18-10 11:20 AM
    How many of you guys actually use it and how do you like it? Is it just like any other I'm client? I don't anyone other than myself that has a Blackberry for personal use so I don't have any way of testing it.

It's just another form of IM to be honest, it's cool when you have friends overseas who use it.
    I had pletny of friends who had a BB and I had their PINs, but we never used BBM I just texted them lol, truth be told the only time I ever used it was talking to people on the forums here

03-18-10 01:10 PM
    My company business is about 70% international. Most of our customers have BB. In additiona, I can send voice note without incurring additional roaming charges with my family via BBM whereve I am in the world. These two alone make using BBM priceless to me.

Roaming charges will vary from carrier to carrier BTW
    03-18-10 01:23 PM
    The only reason I have BB service... If they open BBM to other phone/desktop client, I'll leave BB in a sec
    03-18-10 07:24 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD