03-18-10 08:24 PM
36 12
tools
    How many of you guys actually use it and how do you like it? Is it just like any other I'm client? I don't anyone other than myself that has a Blackberry for personal use so I don't have any way of testing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 08:53 PM
    BBM is one of the perks of having a blackberry... i started using it for business reasons, but now a lot of my friends are my contacts... it is IM on crack.. and it does not use your txt msgs
    03-14-10 09:25 PM
    BBM is very convenient. As Rhin said, its one of the major draws of a Blackberry. If you dont know anyone who has a Berry, why dont you join one of the social BBM groups here on CB?
    03-14-10 10:15 PM
    Another reason why I use BBM is because I can send/receive messages from folks in other countries without any charges. The data plan provides unlimited use of BBM from my country. If I wanted to send SMS to folks in other countries, it would be expensive even with an international SMS plan.
    03-15-10 01:09 AM
    I was thinking about actually joining one of the groups on here. Thanks for the info everyone!

03-15-10 02:01 AM
    Its easier and faster to communicate instead of texting, u can send FULL music files,photos and voicenotes through it.I dont use any other IM exept yahoo and i barely use that. I use my BBM everyday and I have a few friends/family members on there and the rest of people I have on my list are people I met online through either a facebook fan page or a website called www.pinswapme.com<u swap pins with other bb users across the world, its like fb for blackberry.
    03-15-10 05:54 AM
    I use BBM. at first it was only to msg betwen my boyfriend and I because he didn't have text plan. Now alot of ppl i know how bbm and i thinks its more fun to bbm them then to text because of the lil icons, plus free file sharing is always a +++++
    03-15-10 04:19 PM
    I use it to chat with my wife and son all the time. I have several friends on BBM as well, friends I actually see in person and message fairly often. I've converted at least 3 friends to BB when their contracts came due. The more people I get on BBs, the less I have to use SMS! As it is, I only have 200 SMS/MMS per month, and I hardly ever approach that.
    03-15-10 04:52 PM
    Use bbm groups like a text based walkie talkie: eg: send a message and everyone in the group gets it. you can even put the group icon on the ''desktop''
    03-15-10 05:17 PM
    I don't use BBM, mostly because most of my friends can't afford have smart phones and if they can, they assume the data packages are too much.
    03-15-10 06:43 PM
    I have BBM and MSN on my front screen, need i say more? I use both daily, I don't have a SMS plan and our carrier rapes you when it comes to SMS charges. And I like BBM and MSN cause it's live and most of all it's free, at least with my service, BBM and IM chat does not cost extra.
    03-15-10 06:59 PM
    I just use SMS for now..no one I know uses bbm on there berries otherwise I would use it.

03-15-10 07:04 PM
    I don't use BBM, mostly because most of my friends can't afford have smart phones and if they can, they assume the data packages are too much.
    That's kind of the same boat I'm in as well. That and everyone I know is Facebook crazy.

03-15-10 07:36 PM
    I use it with my friend that have BBs. It saves tons of texts and saves me extra money so I don't have to upgrade my text plan.

I also like to utilize features that come with the phone. The way I see it, it would be like buying a Mercedes Benz that has all kinds of features just to use it as a daily driver. You buy something with lots of gadgets so they can be used. If you want a phone and you only plan on using the texts, don't buy a smart phone, or at least not a blackberry.
    03-15-10 08:57 PM
    omg i fricking love my bbm all my friend on there its faster to send and revive text threw bbm
    03-15-10 09:03 PM
    It doesn't go true a server, only from one device to another.
    03-15-10 10:24 PM
    The BBM is a great perk for BB users . I use it for friends and family with BB devices. Be careful sharing your PIN though some users in these BBM forums can get to be real pest !

03-15-10 11:06 PM
    I love bbm but not many of my "real life" friends have it. BB's are only just taking off big-style in Britain. I added some people from CB but then I had to delete+reinstall BBM so lost them all too.

Also, I'm usually too busy to just sit and chat, so sometimes someone from CB will add me and then get annoyed if I'm 'busy' or don't chat much, or I get abusive pervs, so I'm starting to move away from using BBM.

03-16-10 05:20 AM
    well i don't really use BBM! i dont have friends who has blackberry so .. I have Windows Messenger & Yahoo! Messenger i really have a lot of friends in there .. i dont need BBM! :P
    03-16-10 06:43 AM
    I loveee BBM..i got my first blackberry this past june and since then i have over 30 contacts. I like it alot better then texting/iming because it is alot faster. The only other thing i used besides BBM is AIM which i use on beejive (which i love beejive) but i really dont get ims any more or even texts because all of my friends use bbm! =)
    03-16-10 10:24 AM
    I use it but for work purposes, and to talk to family members who are also on Blackberry Messenger
    03-16-10 10:26 AM
    ...I added some people from CB but then I had to delete+reinstall BBM so lost them all too...
    You dont have BBM5, or?
    There you can backup your PIN Friends and restore after reinstall, or new install.

I use it not often. shame... I have only one Person from this Forum in my Messenger and a Neighbor.
    But i really like the BBM.
    03-16-10 11:57 AM
    BBM is really only great with other Blackberry owners, hopefully this number will grow more as BB phones are getting cheaper and cheaper. I like the MSN feature, this will allow me to chat with ppl who are on their PCs or have IM on their phones. SMS will always be around because it's really the only txt messaging feature used for people who don't have either MSN or BBM on their phones.

I try not to use SMS as much as I can because it's costly with our provider. Personally, I think the fees they charge for SMS is a scam. Providers know they will make a crap load of revenue and mostly from kids with phones. Our provider has even changed their SMS fee structure recently that we are now being charged for incoming as well as outdoing sms messages, it use to be only outgoing. That's pretty slimy if you ask me.
    03-16-10 12:07 PM
    I have a friend with a Pearl, but she can't get BBM for some reason. I'm not sure but I don't think she has a data plan, though I thought that was impossible that if you activate a BB, you need to have some kind of data plan. Shes on AT&T, is there a way for her to get it still?
    03-17-10 01:14 PM
    I would love to use BBM since it seems to be pretty functional and runs well on the BB, but I don't have any contacts there (almost none of my friends have a BB). I always see everyone posting their PIN on Facebook (BB fan site) etc., but doesn't that involve any risks??? Besides these people are complete strangers
    03-17-10 02:43 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD