sooo, recently i've been reading a lot of posts from bb fans who are jumping ship to android and/or iphone. i read one post a while back from a user saying that he only had a few bbm contacts (around 5-6 i believe). this left me somewhat confounded since i have over 200 contacts. to me, it seems that apart from e-mailing, bbm is the main reason people use blackberrys (atleast on my campus).

i'm in college and it's great being able to talk to family who live abroad for FREE, and i still keep in contact with a lot of my friends from highschool who are studying in other countries as well... in fact, all the guys from my graduating class and i have formed a group on bbm. Point being, i don't know how anyone with a blackberry would not take advantage of its amazing messaging program.

So with that said, how many contacts do you have? a lot? few? if the latter, then why still using blackberry... what other perks do you use it for and how does it compare to other phones?
    08-04-10 10:56 PM
    And 2 are peoples broken phones.

SMS keeps me here. And the emailing.

I send over 400 sometimes each day so it gets pretty crazy.
    And my berry is a workhorse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 11:07 PM
    44...talk to many of them on a daily or weekly basis, too.
    Oh and none of them are family!
    08-05-10 11:53 AM
    Over 400? That's insane! I usually send about 20-30 emails a day and maybe around 50 texts. I usually spend all my time on bbm and typically have 30-35 conversations open at a time. Sometimes it can get a little overwhelming :s

08-05-10 12:53 PM
    I only have about 10 bbm contacts, but those are 10 people that I would otherwise be text messaging, so it's worth it for me.
    08-05-10 07:38 PM
    I have 6. Had 7 but one of them got an iPhone. I only talk to one of them daily on a regular basis.
    08-06-10 12:23 PM
    8 + 1 pending
    08-06-10 12:26 PM
    Wow I have 21 and I talk to all of them constantly.. Always lookin for more tho.. Lol

08-09-10 11:47 PM