I have had my Blackberry Bold 9930 for a day. I love it so far. At first it updated my emails and I could check them, etc. from my phone. Today, after doing some updating and rebooting the phone, its not updating my emails on my phone. Does it take a while or what should I do? Thanks in advance.
    01-12-12 02:52 PM
    Are the email accounts in question POP, IMAP, or Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc?

The timespan for receiving emails can be anywhere between instant or 15 minutes depending on the account type.
    01-12-12 03:08 PM
    Hotmail is what I am using right now.
    01-12-12 03:13 PM
    Hotmail should be instant, like Gmail and Yahoo! Try resending your service books.
    01-12-12 03:30 PM
    I would try re-sending service books to re-register the handset on the network...that should hopefully get the email coming through..
    01-12-12 03:31 PM
    I had problems with my hotmails too, pushing to my device etc. Frustrated and decided to open up Gmail account, and forward from hotmail to my Gmail. Problems solved, e-mails was very fast.
    01-12-12 04:17 PM
  7. T
    I have the BIS push yahoo, gmail, aol mail, and hotmail to my BlackBerry. Yahoo, gmail, and aol are always instant. Hotmail is sometimes instant, surprisingly even faster than the rest, but more often it's about 15 minutes late or even longer. I know this because I often send myself a test email from my computer to each of those addresses.
    01-12-12 05:03 PM
    I went back to the Verizon store for help and they did a re-send of the service books. That was an hour and a half ago and it has only shown me as having two new emails.
    01-12-12 05:07 PM
  9. T
    Also make sure certai n emails aren't ending up in your spam folder or they won't push.
    01-12-12 05:24 PM
    Perhaps scrap the store support and ring up your carrier(Verizon) from your handset. They then can call you back on a different line and if needed put you through to RIM till your problem is clear. If the delay goes into another day I would pursue it. The forums here are great but for some things more attention is helpful.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 05:39 PM
  11. T
    i have hotmail as my main-email account, i don't experience any delay between
    hotmail pushing the mails to my device.
    though some time ago i was experiencing my mails weren't deliverd to my phone.
    mosty likely resending the service books & a reboot will do it, well it did for me.
    I wonder if my hotmail has the delay, because I don't use it often, almost not at all.
    01-12-12 06:07 PM
  12. T
    haha i don't know how it would work out for you, but it's pretty solid/fast for me lol
    what is your main then, gmail, yahoo , aol mail etc?
    Not that one's better or worse than the other, but I just happen to use yahoo the most. Then gmail. The other two I hardly use at all, but I still have the email accounts because I use aim videocalling and instant messenger, and I use Windows Live instant messenger which is tied to hotmail. I also use my @sprint.blackberry.net email address quite a bit.
    Last edited by Tnis; 01-12-12 at 06:51 PM.
    01-12-12 06:48 PM
    If it hasn't been fixed by morning I am going to be calling Verizon support. Hopefully this will fix it. Will keep everyone posted! Thanks guys!
    01-12-12 06:53 PM
    Truth be told hotmail sometimes has delays. Usually it is fast as he!! But it will occasionally delay emails...I've experienced up to a 2 hour delay before. This is rare though. I've been using hotmail as one of my primary accounts for at least 5 years and while it is typically a fantastic client it can be finicky.
    01-12-12 07:28 PM
  15. T
    Well, that's why I was wondering if it has to do with how much you use an email account. I think I read here somewhere that BIS pushes email accounts that you use more often faster, but I may have misunderstood.
    01-12-12 07:33 PM
    The only problems I ever had with email on a BB was when I changed passwords on a pc, then my BB wouldn't recognize the change. It was cured by deleting the account from the device email setup and then adding back again. Unless like others have stated something is goofy with the service in your area. Best of luck! I have a gmail, hotmail and a yahoo email addy and they have always pushed fast in the past on my old trusty 8330, and almost instantly on my Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-12 08:11 PM
    Well this morning the email count on my BB was actually correct. I will see how it goes throughout the day.
    Bad note though, I did have an error message on the front screen first thing.

uncaught exception: index 1>=1

I googled it, deleted the last app I downloaded (which was weather channel) and then did a battery pull. Fingers crossed that I have no further issues.
    01-13-12 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD