I've always had AOL email on my phone. Everytime I would delete e-mails from the computer, there would stay on my phone which is what I need.

I recently switched over to YAHOO E-mail and everytime I delete an E-mail from the computer, it deletes it from my phone too which is not good. I need all my e-mails to stay on the phone.

what setting am I missing that when you delete an e-mail from the computer, it stays on the BB?
    01-20-10 03:16 PM
    you could try the settings on the bb itself
    menu>messages>menu>options>email reconciliation, wireless reconcile off>handheld wins

try those settings, if those dont work, you may need to log into bis email settings ( the bis client site) and turn wireless reconcile off there.
    01-20-10 03:20 PM
    you could try the settings on the bb itself
    menu>messages>menu>options>email reconciliation, wireless reconcile off>handheld wins

try those settings, if those dont work, you may need to log into bis email settings ( the bis client site) and turn wireless reconcile off there.
    I already have the setting that says "handheld wins" on already and the e-mails are still deleted off the phone from the computer..

will turning off "wireless reconcile" from the BIS site allow me to still delete e-mails from the computer from my phone still then?
    01-20-10 03:24 PM
    should..... i would try that, and if it doesnt work, then change the setting back
    01-20-10 03:25 PM
    should..... i would try that, and if it doesnt work, then change the setting back
    thanks, that did the trick! I logged into BIS and unchecked "wireless email reconciliation" so now when I delete an e-mail from the computer, it stays on my phone which I need, and I can still delete e-mails from the phone from the computer.

Exactly what I needed to know, thanks for the help!
    01-20-10 04:13 PM
    no prob, glad i could help!
    01-21-10 07:06 AM
    thanks, that did the trick! I logged into BIS and unchecked "wireless email reconciliation" so now when I delete an e-mail from the computer, it stays on my phone which I need, and I can still delete e-mails from the phone from the computer.

Exactly what I needed to know, thanks for the help!
    Sorry to drag up an old post but it's the nearest I could find to my problem.

I'm the slight opposite to this, I want e-mails to be deleted everywhere no matter where I delete them from.
    At the moment if I delete them from my hand held they will be deleted from my Inbox(es). However if I delete them on the computer it doesn't get deleted from the phone and the notifications of new messages remain.

Wireless Reconcile is on, Mailbox wins on conflicts and delete is set to mailbox and handheld. How do I make it work the way I want? And when you say 'Logged into BIS' where exactly do you mean?
    Last edited by FatBoyFonz; 04-24-10 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    04-24-10 03:53 AM
    Sorry to drag up an old post but it's the nearest I could find to my problem.

I'm the slight opposite to this, I want e-mails to be deleted everywhere no matter where I delete them from.
    At the moment if I delete them from my hand held they will be deleted from my Inbox(es). However if I delete them on the computer it doesn't get deleted from the phone and the notifications of new messages remain.

Wireless Reconcile is on, Mailbox wins on conflicts and delete is set to mailbox and handheld. How do I make it work the way I want? And when you say 'Logged into BIS' where exactly do you mean?

yes i need help with that too!! i had 888 emails in my computer inbox and 360+ on my phone. it was too much to delete on the handheld so i deleted a lot on the computer. this deletion is not reflected on my phone. my email settings are the same as the member i quoted. can someone help?
    05-05-10 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD