On all my previous Blackberrys with physical keyboards, I could jump to the most recent email in the list by pressing the "t" key on the keyboard. On my new touch-only Torch 9850 there is no physical keyboard, and I have been looking for a way to do the same using the touchscreen. I'd love to know if there is shortcut available for this on the touch BBs, as this would be much easier than using the inertial scrolling each time a new message arrives. Thanks
    12-21-11 07:15 PM
    As you are scrolling down in the list, there should be header/subdividers for each day. If you click on one of those the pop-up menu should have an option for "To Top".... yes it's basically two touches as opposed to the one "t" key press, but I think that's the only option.
    12-21-11 07:59 PM
    As you are scrolling down in the list, there should be header/subdividers for each day. If you click on one of those the pop-up menu should have an option for "To Top".... yes it's basically two touches as opposed to the one "t" key press, but I think that's the only option.
    Awesome!!!! Thank you for this....I just got the phone last weekend and I hadn't come across that yet.
    12-22-11 04:45 AM
    You can also open up your virtual keyboard and most if not all of the shortcuts work for navigating your messages.

T-Top
    B-Bottom
    P-Previous Day
    N-Next Day
    E-Delivery Error Messages
    U-Oldest Unread Message
    I-goes to your inbox
    S-Opens up Search Bar
    J-Something in Message Thread
    K-Message Thread
    (I don't know what j and k do i just get a popup that says No more messages in this thread, might be an oldest newest shortcut?)
    L-Replies to selected message
    C-Compose Message
    V-View Saved Messages

Extra step is going to your menu and "show keyboard" but once it's open you have all the functionality of a physical keyboard

***As I was writing this I noticed something else that you may or may not like: If you open up the keyboard while navigating one of your email accounts, it will stay open even when you leave that screen but it won't be open for other accounts you may have on your phone (I have 4 on mine). You lose screen real-estate but you have the keyboard open already. They should add an icon at the bottom to show/hide keyboard...
    Last edited by Joe_L.; 12-22-11 at 11:47 AM.
    12-22-11 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD