I'm planning on getting the 9650 when it hits the stores.
    Of course I will have a new PIN #. I also registered my email with BBM to back up my contacts. Will I get my contacts back from email? Or should I start writing down everyone's PIN numbers now?
    04-27-10 02:36 PM
    Of course I will have a new PIN #. I also registered my email with BBM to back up my contacts. Will I get my contacts back from email? Or should I start writing down everyone's PIN numbers now?
    I believe remote backup is tied to your PIN (backup email address is PIN specific), so make a backup file (.ipd) via DM.
    Last edited by 12MaNy; 04-27-10 at 03:13 PM.
    04-27-10 02:43 PM
    Thanks! I have that backup as well.
    I should be all set!
    04-27-10 02:50 PM
    NP. Also, don't forget to update your backup files when you get new contacts.
    04-27-10 03:00 PM
    ....and of course register your new pin at the sprint/verizon.blackberry.com account and THEN you can get emails
    04-27-10 03:10 PM
    The OP was asking about remote backup (BBM backup via email)...not emails themselves.
    04-27-10 03:11 PM
    BBM remote back up is connected to a specific email address. Once you load the same email address to a new phone, it recognizes that BBM contacts are backed up to it and asks if you want to restore your contacts to your new phone. It also updates your PIN on all of your contacts phones, unbeknownst to them so that you dont have to go through the process of readding contacts. It is a very simple and efficient process and requires little effort, and no effort from your contacts. Hope this helps
    04-27-10 03:56 PM
    Excellent explanation dgs013, I was wondering how BBM contact backup works.
    04-28-10 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD