Did a quick search, and didn't see this posted anywhere...so here goes:

Playing around with BBM just now, I inadvertently went into a contacts profile in BBM...i wasn't paying attention, and when I looked down at the phone, I saw this:

Notice the blue 'Reset' link...out of curiosity, I clicked it - and it did nothing...lol. So I started going into other contacts profiles (scroll over a BBM contact within BBM, press the BB button, and select 'Contact Profile') and for the life of me couldn't get the 'Reset' link to re-appear.

Finaly, after my brain fart ended, I realized you could re-name your BM contacts to pretty much anything you'd like. Once you start editing a contacts name, the blue 'Reset' link appears, allowing you to do the obvious: Reset your contact's name to whatever THEY have specified.

Thought I would share, as I didn't know this was ever possible...assumed it would be, as everything on the BB can be customized...You guys already know about this, or is it news to someone??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 10:14 PM
    I have always used this feature for re-naming contacts who seem to add a dozen icons before and after their name. It keeps my list neater!
    03-05-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD