07-12-12 04:23 AM
82 1234
tools
    Hello! I have subscribed to BIS using my blackberry curve 8900. I wasnt able to set up my yahoo account (not Plus) in my blackberry. Plsease help.
    03-03-09 11:08 AM
    help i in advertently deleted my bb.net emails off the website and dont know how to restore them
    03-06-09 04:33 AM
    Try to create it all over again, I did the same thing yesterday but mine was kinda on purpose lol

help i in advertently deleted my bb.net emails off the website and dont know how to restore them
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 08:49 AM
    So I have my storm with At&t service books working perfectly... one problem when I go to register my personal e-mail it tells me that the PIN already has an account. I talked to AT&T and they said I had to contact Verizon and ask them to cancel the account.. Long story semi-short I talked to the guy I bought it from, he called, said it was done.. Still though it won't let me register.. Any ideas on how I can maybe by-pass it and register it anyway?

I had my e-mail account fully functioning on my pearl.. but it's been around a year and a half since I created it.. so I don't remember my user name or password.. and when I ask blackberry to send it to me it informs me the account doesn't exist (which it also does for the storm)
    ANY IDEAS?!
    03-09-09 11:30 PM
    I NEED HELP!

I just got my BB Storm two days ago and the guy at the Verizon store set up my gmail account for me which works totally fine..send/recieve...great

However...yesterday when I set up my work email through OWA I had some trouble until I read a couple really helpful posts on this site. I can recieve email from my work address however EVERY time I try to send or reply to emails it seems to work and then I get a red X and a error message that says "Message included an invaild address" I KNOW THAT THE ADDRESS IS NOT INVALID....

Anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    03-11-09 02:56 PM
    I have a blackberry.net address it was setup by a verizon rep. Will the verizon BIS know my blackberry or should I conact verizon before setting it up. What are the advantages to BIS? I want to understand. I just can't get enough of this website! Great info!!!!
    03-11-09 08:32 PM
    Thank you very much for the awesome big picture. I have noticed that when I send emails directly to my phone, I get them instantaneously. Here is another project you seem more than qualified to do: many professionals, especially doctors and some CEOs, are NOT aware that they can twiddle their email filters so they get ONLY those emails they really need to see on their BBs...Again, thank you for the info !

Doctor Neutron
    03-11-09 10:25 PM
    I have read some of your posts and you seem to know alot about blackberrys. I am a very new user to the blackberry storm (9500) (and am perhaps a little technologically inept).

I can't seem to set up any email accounts on my blackberry.

I went to setup wizard and the only option was: 'I want to use a work email account with Blackberry Enterprise Server' (I clicked on this but it said 'activation request failed')

There were no other options... I thought there was meant to be an option that said:
    'I want to create or add an email address' ??
    Because ideally, I would like to set up a hotmail account on my blackberry.

Am I doing something wrong? If you have any advice it would be much appreciated!!
    04-20-09 08:07 PM
    I have read some of your posts and you seem to know alot about blackberrys. I am a very new user to the blackberry storm (9500) (and am perhaps a little technologically inept).

I can't seem to set up any email accounts on my blackberry.

I went to setup wizard and the only option was: 'I want to use a work email account with Blackberry Enterprise Server' (I clicked on this but it said 'activation request failed')

There were no other options... I thought there was meant to be an option that said:
    'I want to create or add an email address' ??
    Because ideally, I would like to set up a hotmail account on my blackberry.

Am I doing something wrong? If you have any advice it would be much appreciated!!
    hey man - go to this site

bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk[/url] add https in the front or search for blackberry internet service vodafone on google

and set up your phone. Use your phone pin and imei number, than create bb email address or start inputting email address.
    From i what i read, you are clicking on the wrong button. You don't need BES, unless you want your work email to come to your phone. You need to click on the first button to create or add email address and then continue (if you are using your phone). However, it is way easier to create an account on the site vice on the phone.

hope that helps.
    04-21-09 01:56 AM
    great thread...informative

JWNY
    04-26-09 08:48 AM
    Thanks for posting. I didn't know about the 'intelligent' 3-minutes message checking interval during 'active period'!
    04-27-09 04:45 AM
    Great post. I always wondered how BIS worked. Thanks!
    04-27-09 05:20 AM
    thanks Sith .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 05:47 AM
    Hi, I just got my school's email domain which is maintained by google and has a custom @domain; however, when i set up my personal email account in my blackberry it doesnt recognize my email address even if its by google. Is there a solution to this?

I also have an account on comcast that I would like to forward to my school's gmailapps address; would it act as a true "push"? or does it have to wait 15 minutes to get polled to my phone? thanks!
    05-06-09 05:36 PM
    nice, very nice
    05-06-09 05:55 PM
    I have an unlocked blackberry storm on AT&T. Everything works perfectly except my email on the phone. I have already walked through and added the service books for AT&T. I have the .90 radio on my phone so i have no problem with EDGE. I have had email on all my blackberries with Verizon before I switched to AT&T and it has been the same account.

I will receive an email on my phone but when I go to send an email it says, "No message service configured." It then redirects me to the email setup page. At this point it tells me that an account has already been registered for this phone and pin.

I have reformatted the phone several times trying to delete the email. AT&T has no idea and Verizon is no help at all.

Any ideas?
    05-14-09 11:37 PM
    Very cool post! I learn something new everyday here! The dedication of this forums Dev's and mods is astounding. I use Gmail and it is instant and recently put a yahoo account in that I use for e-mail from web sites I subscribe to and recieve newsletters. I love learning how my BB works and talking with CB's members.
    05-24-09 01:19 PM
    Wow good to see it explained in easy to understand terms...I like this.
    05-24-09 03:16 PM
    I am very new to BB...If have BIS, can I still have my work email somehow delivered to my phone?

According to our IT policies, once we are approved for BB use, we need to "...add the corporate BlackBerry service with your vendor." After that our IT will have my device "...connect to the BB server."

Does this mean I need to have BES? Not getting much help from our IT, I'm pretty much on my own if I use my own device and carrier it seems.

The issue is that my company would like for us to use their corp. plan with T Mobile, whereas I would like (and have been approved) to continue to use my current provider since I don't want two phones/PDAs.

However, I don't really think I want all my personal stuff routing through my company's server...just the work outlook email. Is this possible, or is it simply all or nothing?

I suppose I could use our webmail, but that isn't quite the same and requires a bunch of logins and security tokens and whatnot (essentially VPN).

So - it seems like:

BIS = everything through RIM BB servers, but not sure if I can somehow get my work mail

BES = everything goes through my employer's servers as well, including my personal mail, IM, text, internet, etc...

Any help would be great.
    05-26-09 10:32 AM
    I am very new to BB...If have BIS, can I still have my work email somehow delivered to my phone?

According to our IT policies, once we are approved for BB use, we need to "...add the corporate BlackBerry service with your vendor." After that our IT will have my device "...connect to the BB server."

Does this mean I need to have BES? Not getting much help from our IT, I'm pretty much on my own if I use my own device and carrier it seems.

The issue is that my company would like for us to use their corp. plan with T Mobile, whereas I would like (and have been approved) to continue to use my current provider since I don't want two phones/PDAs.

However, I don't really think I want all my personal stuff routing through my company's server...just the work outlook email. Is this possible, or is it simply all or nothing?

I suppose I could use our webmail, but that isn't quite the same and requires a bunch of logins and security tokens and whatnot (essentially VPN).

So - it seems like:

BIS = everything through RIM BB servers, but not sure if I can somehow get my work mail

BES = everything goes through my employer's servers as well, including my personal mail, IM, text, internet, etc...

Any help would be great.
    Yes you need BES on your BB account to connect to your work Outlook (email, calendar, and contacts). This also allows your employer to possibly control and see everything you do with your BB. If you only want to get your work email on your BB, I suggest you set up a rule in outlook email and have all email sent to you forwarded to your BB. This is what I did as I don't want all the security requirements my employer is now requiring on BB. I don't have a need to wirelessly syncronize my contacts and/or calendar with work, I just use Outlook calendar and contacts at home and connect via USB.

As an FYI, Federal Law requires your employer to keep a copy of ALL electronic transactions that uses their network either by just being passed through it or residing on that network such as documents and emails.
    Last edited by mpafr012; 05-26-09 at 11:41 AM.
    05-26-09 11:37 AM
    Wow, awesome post. So that's why I get my Yahoo so fast.
    06-22-09 10:59 AM
    I recently upgraded to .266 on my Bold and now my email settings have switched accounts. One of my accounts was to leave all messages on the server and the other to allow me to delete from handheld. Now they are switched. How do I switch it back?

thanks
    06-22-09 09:19 PM
    has this changed at all in recent times, when i send email to myself (from my gmail email to my telus.blackberry.net email i get it instantaneously
    08-25-09 07:13 PM
    I set up my gmail account through IMAP using the blackberry setup wizard, how is BIS different from this? More importantly, if I set up my ATT BIS, how will that affect my existing email settings? Do I need to remove the mail account from my blackberry before setting up BIS?
    08-25-09 11:25 PM
    Iam a new BB user on BIS. I was receiving my emails before I had a problem with the device and had to do a restore. My carrier has also restored my BB services but my emails (yahoo and others) are no longer dropping. What do I do?
    10-07-09 12:49 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD