07-12-12 04:23 AM
82 1234
    Thank you very much zagor. As to the modship, Kevin and the mods I believe make that decision based on need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 11:48 AM
    i called and the reset everything over the phone , only took 5 mins , thanks sith
    02-07-09 12:27 PM
    Glad they got it working for you

02-07-09 12:28 PM
    sith some guy on another thread say you are working out the kinks on .103 , wether its true or not , i should let you know , i know how people start stuff on here and it gets out of control
    02-07-09 12:37 PM
    I am building an OS from pieces of another. It is not

02-07-09 12:38 PM
    ok cool , good luck
    02-07-09 12:39 PM
    Nice post Sith. I found this pic a few months back that shows what is going on when BIS is working.

02-07-09 12:59 PM
    Yes it would be instant. You can also go to your BIS site and set your Reply to address to the email you are forwarding. That way you can send as your other email and others wont get your blackberry.net
    thanks for the quick response

I set up my email to forward to my phone, it works great!
    02-07-09 01:40 PM
    I have a question. If I delete an email in my web client or Outlook or Outlook Express, will it delete it from the Blackberry device?
    02-16-09 05:36 PM
    how can i reset my bb email settings password i forgot it?
    02-17-09 02:27 PM

Try those sites and use the forgot password link. (you will need your PIN I believe)
    02-17-09 03:30 PM
    I love BIS email. I have Yahoo and I receive the mail on my BB before it hits my inbox on the web.
    02-18-09 01:31 PM
    I have unlocked the phone and through this websites tricks and techniques found a lot of ways to use my phone on the ATT network. My question is I am trying to reset the account that is already attached to his phone the PIN # and IMEI# are already attached to en e-mail account but I need to reset this so I can setup a new account Via (New Customer) so how if there is a way do i reset this info so I can receive picture messages and send them as well.....please help me...the URL is how i tried to setup my e-mail but i cannot receive the service books unless i reset the e-mail account through Blackberry Internet Service Login....this can't be as confusing as I think it is.....

/HowTo%20Get%20All%20Features%20(Browser,%20MMS)%20 Working%20on%20AT&T%20w_Unlocked%20Storm%2095xx%20-%20BlackBerry%20Forums%20at%20CrackBerry.com.htm
    Last edited by thestormiscoming....; 02-18-09 at 03:58 PM. Reason: added URL
    02-18-09 03:56 PM
    I have a question. I was setting up a friends gmail account for his storm. When I hit the set up email icon:
    1.On his set up I get the BIS set up menu.
    2.On my Storm I get the Email Accounts set up screen.

Why does this happen?
    Is myset up still using BIS?
    02-19-09 03:45 PM
    ummmm i have a huge problem ok long story short i have an unlocked storm now the guy i bought it off of didnt know i wanted 2 use it as a blackberry. I have at&t and i now set up the blackberry plan and i did the unlock thing so i can use the web browser and mms but when i try 2 make an account they tell me that the pin and imei number dont match

someone please help if there is anyway at all
    02-19-09 10:38 PM
    Is AOL another instant one? It seems like it but I'll have to pay more attention now that I know the 15 minute/3 minute setup. This thread is very informative. I sent myself a test email just now (last email received was an an hour and 40 minutes ago) and it arrived in under 15 seconds. I'll try again in 15 minutes. lol.
    02-20-09 12:00 PM
    Posted this question in the main forum and was suggested to look here, here is my original post:

I have a Hotmail account (upgraded, so it pushes). My wife has used the Storm since its release while I used a Curve. The Storm's speed appeared to blow the Curve out of the water so I switched to the Storm.

My wife receives e-mail nearly instantly, evertime. On my Curve and Storm, my e-mails arrive at least 10 minutes later, sometimes as much as 45 minutes later. I took my phone by the local store and they said nothing can be done. My wife's line is listed as the primary and mine is an add on, I'm told this doesn't matter.

I somewhat understand the BIS explanation, but why is 1 storm %100 reliable and one not?

Anyone have any input?
    02-21-09 12:27 PM
    Just want to throw this out there that if you have use a mail system that uses IMAP and supports IMAP IDLE then the BIS system does stay connected to your server consistently. This also means that messages arrive immediately.

I am using Cyrus as my mail server and this is the case. Also, I get sent messages in my Sent folder on the server and I can delete messages on the server as well.

02-21-09 07:16 PM
    My most aggravating factor is I have 2 Storms sitting side by side and one works as desired and the other one sucks. I have gone through and checked every setting I know of in ech one, they are the same.
    02-21-09 08:43 PM
    I love BIS email. I have Yahoo and I receive the mail on my BB before it hits my inbox on the web.
    I was going to say the same thing. I use Yahoo also and I get my mail pretty quickly. I had a email conversation the other day with a good friend of mine. I guess Yahoo is pretty quick with thier email then?
    Last edited by Masun; 02-23-09 at 11:47 PM. Reason: tipsy grammar :)
    02-23-09 11:25 PM
    Awesome post !! Thanks.
    02-28-09 09:54 PM
    That's a fantastic explanation!

Sith: Would you happen to know when GMail IMAP will be instantaneous like GMail POP is?

POP is very frustating due to double mailbox management, but IMAP is also frustrating as I have to wait for messages.
    02-28-09 10:40 PM
    Not definitely no, but Gmail integration is going to be improved in BIS 2.6 (March timeframe)
    02-28-09 10:40 PM
    Not definitely no, but Gmail integration is going to be improved in BIS 2.6 (March timeframe)
    March is a great month... My birthday month and I even get presents from RIM :-P
    03-01-09 03:05 PM
    Does it push when you're logged in online to your e-mail? I was logged in to my gmail account and noticed a new message that my BB has yet to notify me of.
    03-03-09 11:01 AM
82 1234