I dont know if I am paying extra for this on my phone..? Does this count as like sms-ing ..? how exactly does this work..?
    10-14-10 03:16 PM
    no. its free,

thats the beauty of it.
    10-14-10 03:18 PM
    really? but lets say i use it to chat with a friend from the states.. and I'm in europe..
    will there be an extra charge orr?
    i really dont want to get a 100 bill because I use it alott
    10-14-10 03:24 PM
    @ItsDaKronic

It only uses DATA, you will not get charged per SMS/MMS sent via BBM. If you have unlimited Data you have nothing to worry about.
    10-14-10 03:25 PM
    Technically it's not free. BBM uses data, which is, if you have a data plan, included in your data plan, which you pay for. Like if you were to use something like Windows Live Messenger on your phone, you're using data. No, it is not counted as SMS or anything like that.

Like mjneid said, if you have unlimited data, or any data plan for that matter, you shouldn't have to worry. Since BBM uses minuscule amounts of data anyways. Of course, if you were to use BBM for sending pictures and stuff, that's a different story.

really? but lets say i use it to chat with a friend from the states.. and I'm in europe..
    will there be an extra charge orr?
    i really dont want to get a 100 bill because I use it alott
    You won't get charged extra for using BBM to talk to someone that's in another country. Think of it this way; if you were on your computer and you were chatting with this same person using MSN Messenger, you won't get charged long distance or anything because it's just using the internet.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisvee; 10-14-10 at 04:24 PM.
    10-14-10 04:19 PM
    thx guys.. i really appreciate it..
    10-14-10 04:37 PM
    BBM is FREE to use 24/7, 365 days a year.. You just need to have a blackberry data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD