Shouldn't my Blackberry Bold messenger make a sound when I receive messages? I know the Ping vibrates, but when someone sends me a message, I thought it used to make a distinct sound? If it did, I must have lost it somehow. How do I get it back?
    11-29-09 09:33 AM
    If your status is set to "available" you should receive alerts on BBM. If it is set to "unavailable" you will not. I would also go into the profile itself you have selected and check the volume settings for in and out of holster, make sure they aren't set to mute.
    11-29-09 09:38 AM
    Yes, to both...status is "Available". My profile is set for "Normal (Active)". So, is there a sound I should here when I receive BB Messenger messages?
    11-29-09 09:43 AM
    Yes, to both...status is "Available". My profile is set for "Normal (Active)". So, is there a sound I should here when I receive BB Messenger messages?
    Yes depending on the setting in your Active profile. When you go to Profiles scroll down to advanced. Then once you select the active one what are the in and out of holster settings on for Messenger - New Message? For instance you may have a tone selected and even a volume setting but at the top it is set to NONE. Check that because it should be set to either Tone, Vibrate, or Vibrate+Tone.
    11-29-09 09:58 AM
    Cool! I didn't know I could click on the 'Normal (Active)' profile and make changes. Thanks!
    11-29-09 10:08 AM
    Cool! I didn't know I could click on the 'Normal (Active)' profile and make changes. Thanks!
    You are welcome glad to help.
    11-29-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD