I just got my storm 2 back from the dead...meaning it got nuked trying to upgrade app world. All well and good, however, now all my emails go to my message folder and not their desired folders? I have to separate email folders I would like populated how do I get them filled instead of just my messages folder?
    06-15-10 09:17 AM
    From the options in the message folder >general options>scroll down til you see the SMS and email Inboxes :
    change the little drop down box to seperate its probably set to combine or theme control by default.
    once changed to seperate ,then you will have an email folder, sms/mms folder
    06-15-10 09:21 AM
    In your messages folder, go to Options-->General Options and under "SMS and email Inboxes", select "Separate". When I did this, my emails went to their designated boxes and sms/mms went to their own folder. Hope this is what you're looking for!
    06-15-10 09:22 AM
    Thanks for your responses, but since my phone was nuked I don't see that option. I remember doing this before just like you're saying, but for some reason when I follow your direction it's not giving me the "sms and email inboxes"...could it have been moved elsewhere?
    06-15-10 09:34 AM
    I have wiped and changed OS and it's always been there and should be there in the "message folder Options". Have you done a battery pull just to see if that makes it appear ? Sometimes BB's can be finicky .
    06-15-10 09:40 AM
    I have wiped and changed OS and it's always been there and should be there in the "message folder Options". Have you done a battery pull just to see if that makes it appear ? Sometimes BB's can be finicky .
    No Dave, I didn't...I'll do that now. Thanks!
    06-15-10 10:17 AM
    This is some good blackberry news and rumors.
    06-15-10 10:43 AM
    This is some good blackberry news and rumors.
    Yeah, I just noticed I put this in the wrong forum...sorry! I was up all night trying to figure out this problem I'm having. Anyway....I also noticed that after everything is back up (and after a battery pull) that I have no memo pad or task folder. Could that be hidden anywhere?
    06-15-10 10:49 AM
    I dont know why its any different than before. A blackberry that was reloaded with a new OS after it was nuked should be the same as when the phone worked fine the last/first time.
    06-15-10 10:53 AM
    ok yeah at least you got the messages fixed . As far as the task and memo go on the home screen push blackberry menu button(7 dots on it) and then show all they made be hidden.I overlooked the fact of what forum it was in .

Pi Guy 3.14 I dont know why its any different than before. A blackberry that was reloaded with a new OS after it was nuked should be the same as when the phone worked fine the last/first time
    Yes it should work the same as before . but why be so harsh ?
    Last edited by DavidNC; 06-15-10 at 10:58 AM.
    06-15-10 10:55 AM
    Don't wipe the OS, the issue is with corrupt service books. Go into Options/Advanced/Service Books and delete the email account service books for each email account affected. Delete both the email and calendar service books. Once that's done, go into email setup or the Verizon BIS portal on your PC and log into it with your BIS userid and password and go under Help and then select "Send Service Books". That will fix the issue you're having.

BTW, I'm requesting this thread be moved to the right forum. You'll find it in the Storm2 forums.
    06-15-10 10:55 AM
    ok yeah at least you got the messages fixed . As far as the task and memo go on the home screen push blackberry menu button(7 dots on it) and then show all they made be hidden.I overlooked the fact of what forum it was in .

Yes it should work the same as before . but why be so harsh ?
    No, task and memo are definately gone. I hit the bb key before and looked in all the folders that I can think of. I am not a complete dummy when it comes to bb, but I never nuked one before. I do appreciate the input!
    06-15-10 11:05 AM
    ISTM a problem with service books is not a device-specific issue. BB Native apps seems more appropriate to help future searchers.
    06-15-10 11:05 AM
    No, task and memo are definately gone. I hit the bb key before and looked in all the folders that I can think of. I am not a complete dummy when it comes to bb, but I never nuked one before. I do appreciate the input!
    I'm not sure now either about what might be the issue.

I do know last weekend I wiped my blackberry and everything didn't come back since what didn't come back I didn't use it didn't bother me too much(vzw push apps, task, memo etc.) , until....

I couldn't set my email back up so I wiped and reloaded it again and it fixed it . I am not suggesting you do that that's a personal preference . I'd try all the options posted in this thread you haven't tried , if nothing works maybe someone else would have posted an answer.
    06-15-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD