I have discovered that the mute button on the top of the torch not only mutes incoming calls, etc - but also controls the media player if it is active playing, or in the background. although that may seem like a useful feature, the drag is the button can accidentally get pressed bouncing around in your pocket.

Imagine this scenario... right before an important meeting you are listening to some old-school, nasty hardcore punk. You pause the music using the mute button on the top of the torch, pull off your headset, and head into your meeting. While shifting in your seat, the mute button accidentally gets pressed and the music begins playing.

Anyone know of a way to disable or modify this feature? The only setting I can find to tweak is music player/options, close media player when inactive = 5 min. this means that if i bump the button 5 minutes after I stopped listening I am ok, but any time before that forget about it.

WARNING, RANT COMING ON... argh, did they ever test the friggin phone outside of a holster! for those bothered by pocket button pressing, see also the thread re the lock button at http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/to...unlock-511658/
    08-18-10 01:04 PM
    I am in need of a solution to this problem as well. This happens to me way too often.
    10-07-10 09:16 AM
    This "feature" is really annoying. It's really embarrassing when I'm in a meeting at work and I accidentally push this and music starts playing. If I find anything I'll post it here.
    12-01-10 02:55 PM
    I agree, this is a horrible feature. The only way to keep music or podcasts from unintentionally playing is to stop them which is really annoying. If I am listening to a podcast or audio book I need to pause so I don't lose my place.
    01-05-11 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD