I've just recently added some categories to my bbm and need to delete one of them but notice there is no delete category option only 'add' or 'rename'. I searched the forums and found someone else who had the same problem but no one gave her a clear solution. Is it possible that by now the delete category option is available?
    06-23-10 07:54 PM
    You should be able to delete it. Highlight the category then hit the menu key and you should be able to see an option "Delete category."

If you don't, update BBM or your OS. A battery pull might help.
    06-23-10 11:29 PM
    Thank you so much! It helped! I think what happened was the category I was trying to delete was the original contacts category so I had to rename it to another category that already existed, move contacts there and then delete the old one.

Long story short you helped so thank you
    06-24-10 10:45 PM
    Hello,

I have the same problem, however I have tried tweetypie's method and I still do not have the option do delete a category even if it is left empty.

It cannot be an OS problem because I have the latest OS 6, a battery pull is also not a fix as I do one almost every day.

I wonder if this is just a bug in the BBM app.

Please help.

Thx
    10-18-10 11:32 AM
    you have to delete the contacts within the group first then you can delete the category...simples
    02-26-11 01:51 AM
    I think if you rename it the same name as another category that you already have it merges the 2 into the new name.

I've just recently added some categories to my bbm and need to delete one of them but notice there is no delete category option only 'add' or 'rename'. I searched the forums and found someone else who had the same problem but no one gave her a clear solution. Is it possible that by now the delete category option is available?
    02-26-11 07:04 AM
    It worked with me because what I was doing was expanding the category but then I realised I had to collapse and then highlight it then menu then it came up delete category xo
    03-04-13 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD