Hi there...I apologize for my stupidity...I'm so very new to my Blackberry and just trying to figure things out...How do I add someone to my BBM? Is there a shortcut to do this for next time also? I'm sure I have more questions but 1 at a time for me...lmao Thanks for all the help
    10-10-09 08:26 PM
    Better to ask and get the most out of your berry than letting it all pass you by. In BBM, press the Blackberry button and select add contact. You need to know their email or PIN. An easy way to send your PIN in an SMS is to type "mypin" without the quotes and send it to your soon to be BBM contact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 08:42 PM
    You hit the menu key when your in bbm and click add contact

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 08:44 PM
    Hi there...I apologize for my stupidity...I'm so very new to my Blackberry and just trying to figure things out...How do I add someone to my BBM? Is there a shortcut to do this for next time also? I'm sure I have more questions but 1 at a time for me...lmao Thanks for all the help
    As a BB newbie, I highly commend to you the Blackberry 101 lectures here.

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    10-10-09 08:51 PM
    See...I'm so confused now...I added my son and daughter and I thought I knew what I was doing...but today I don't know what I did other than hooked it up to my daughters desktop messanger and tried this and that...I think I synch my email and I don't think I should have...now I have all my contacts from my email on my phone and visa versa...and when I did try to do that it didn't ask me about a pin it went right to her email address...

I'm actually going back to the store on Mon for an hour class on this phone...lmao
    10-10-09 09:27 PM
    Ok so she had to set up her email...all done...then her BBM...all done...Now my problem is when I send a repply thru text I dont see my reply like I did b4 and I have a star on my sms on my front menu...did I mess something up?
    10-10-09 10:00 PM
    Ok so she had to set up her email...all done...then her BBM...all done...Now my problem is when I send a repply thru text I dont see my reply like I did b4 and I have a star on my sms on my front menu...did I mess something up?

The red star (i'm assuming your talking about) just means you have a message that is un-read. Go into your sms and click on the message that is in bold text. the bold text denotes that you haven't read it. So basically the red star is letting you know you have a message that hasn't been read or is new.

Hope that helps you!
    10-11-09 01:17 AM
    It sounds like you could benefit from reading through the "Newbie" section. There are "how to" articles in the Blackberry101 Lecture Series, check 'em out. You'll learn TONS, including how to do many of the things you're asking here.
    10-11-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD