01-02-12 09:56 AM
128 ... 23456
tools
    Check out this site!

I have the Storm, and I used the "34(" combination... it seemed like it was going to freeze, but it worked! All uninstalled APPs gone!

I don't have enough posts to create a link... so add 'www' and '.com' respectively

xxx.blackberry-soft.xxx/TB/?P=4137
    06-01-10 10:56 AM
    Media - Explore: Device Memory - Blackberry - App World - Downloads - Your PIN

Delete all those unused folders too. Basically any App you have installed will have a folder. Honestly, I don't really know what is in the folder, but I erase them, from time to time. "Clearing App World cache" doesn't remove them for me. Or maybe it's just after you log back in to App World, they come back.

I wouldn't delete any for Apps that you need, or have any info in them you need. Just in case.

I only have 7 Apps in there right now and the folder is 5.8MB.
    06-01-10 12:27 PM
    This definitely helped
    06-23-10 01:27 PM
    Hold on the ALT key and type in RST. It will restart the Blackberry app world and all the archived and uninstalled entries will be deleted.
    08-20-10 06:06 PM
    Hold on the ALT key and type in RST. It will restart the Blackberry app world and all the archived and uninstalled entries will be deleted.
    Yes that's what this thread is about...

Moot now, with AW2.0 and BBID.
    08-20-10 06:52 PM
    Have just got curve 3g 9300 and want to remove the uninstalled apps. Tried the alt srt but didnt work. Anyone help as it will drive me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-21-10 07:43 AM
    All my deleted apps say "uninstalled" as well.

Tried the ALT + R S T and it closed App World. When I re-opened it and logged in, same apps appeared as "uninstalld" again. No change.

Does deleting the folders on the SD card work? I'm curious to try it but not courageous enough !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 09:19 AM
    Deleted & Uninstalled are the same thing.

I don't think ALT+RST serves any purpose in AW2.0.

The Uninstalled are removed from your device. If you don't like seeing the list, collapse it.
    It is there as a service, in case you want to see if something's updated.

08-22-10 07:40 AM
    Ok now what, I have been on with Blackberry support and can not believe that there is not a better way to remove these apps from the app world. I would wipe the device, but its a lot of work for an unsure that it will work. Please help, i am starting to hate my blackberry
    09-24-10 11:25 PM
    Ok now what, I have been on with Blackberry support and can not believe that there is not a better way to remove these apps from the app world. I would wipe the device, but its a lot of work for an unsure that it will work. Please help, i am starting to hate my blackberry
    Everyone has to deal with it.. They're not on your device anymore. What's wrong with just collapsing the list and forgetting it as elite1 said?
    09-24-10 11:33 PM
    open app world then pres alt + R + S + T
    10-03-10 11:55 AM
    yeh alt r s t used to work sometimes it does work but go back the next day you can be sure they are back yes its crappy but not the end of the world
    10-03-10 12:27 PM
    ALT+RST used to work.

With v2.X, it still works to reset/update App World, but doesn't remove Uninstalled items from My World anymore. (They're in a collapsible list as per posts above.)

10-03-10 01:38 PM
    That's odd, that's all I've had to do with the ones I installed. Have you pulled the battery after that?

Newest app world keeps a section for uninstalled apps
    10-03-10 01:43 PM
    Are you guys sure they are removed and not taking up space? I went to reinstall an app from the "uninstalled" listed and it said version x.x.x was already installed, do you want to reinstall it.
    10-06-10 11:14 AM
    Dont want to see them... it is a priciple issuel... when you delete an app it should be deleted, not some stupid cache kept in a hidden location just in case you want to re-install it.

What's next, the blackberry OS kept around just in case you want to re-install it? The is an EPIC FAIL from blackberry.

My contract comes due in a couple of months... Considering a Droid. less hassle. Can any one at BB fix this? BTW... Facebook is also showing messages from over a year ago. Started doing this crap today. Cant delete them, They are deleted from FB. I dont know where in the **** these are coming from??
    12-20-10 03:48 PM
    Dont want to see them... it is a priciple issuel... when you delete an app it should be deleted, not some stupid cache kept in a hidden location just in case you want to re-install it.

What's next, the blackberry OS kept around just in case you want to re-install it? The is an EPIC FAIL from blackberry.

My contract comes due in a couple of months... Considering a Droid. less hassle. Can any one at BB fix this? BTW... Facebook is also showing messages from over a year ago. Started doing this crap today. Cant delete them, They are deleted from FB. I dont know where in the **** these are coming from??
    Hey everyone's entitled to their opinion. Mine is that it's silly to compare DL links to apps you've previously downloaded to a 150MB OS. Not sure if your definition of "EPIC FAIL" would jive with most people's.
    It used to be more annoying for sure, with all the uninstalled having a full-size faded entry. Now that you can collapse the list, I don't get it.
    But we'll have to agree to disagree.

No comment on FB issue. That does sound crazy and like a real failure to me, but since I don't use FB I have no idea of any other explanation.

If you try a Droid and like it, get a Droid. If you like BB but not a few minor details, do something worthwhile about it: Join Beta Zone, download their Submit Feedback app, and give your criticism.
    You have the same voice that I do.
    12-20-10 04:34 PM
    Are you guys sure they are removed and not taking up space? I went to reinstall an app from the "uninstalled" listed and it said version x.x.x was already installed, do you want to reinstall it.
    With App World 2.0, if you ever receive a strange message like telling you already have an app you don't, advising of an upgrade you've already performed, telling you an update doesn't exist when you know it does, etc, use the ALT+RST command mentioned above.

When you see any such message in error, hold down the ALT key and type the 3 letters R S T. Release the ALT key and App World should freeze then close. You can re-open it immediately and should the error removed/corrected.

It's just like giving your BB a battery pull!
    12-20-10 04:40 PM
    This has always worked for me. YMMV.

Open BB App World.

Scroll to My World.

Scroll down to your uninstalled list.

Select the app.

Choose reinstall.

Enter your login information.

As the app starts to download, make sure it's highlighted, and pressed your trackpad/trackball to pause the download. This step is just to ensure it doesn't completely download, especially if it's a small size app.

Click your BB key and select Cancel Download.

The download will cancel, and it will no longer show up in your list.

Hope this helps!
    taurussvt and rprune like this.
    12-20-10 06:09 PM
    As the app starts to download, make sure it's highlighted, and pressed your trackpad/trackball to pause the download. This step is just to ensure it doesn't completely download, especially if it's a small size app.

Click your BB key and select Cancel Download.

The download will cancel, and it will no longer show up in your list.
    I believe the app will eventually re-appear, and fairly certain it will the next time you do an ALT+RST.

Mind testing your theory?
    12-20-10 07:17 PM
    I believe the app will eventually re-appear, and fairly certain it will the next time you do an ALT+RST.

Mind testing your theory?
    If you hit ALT + RST, they will reappear. If you don't, then they won't. It's not perfect, but for some people, they don't want click the collapse button and this is as good as it gets. Just trying to help. For the record though, I hardly every use ALT + RST anyways.
    12-21-10 11:55 AM
    Does anybody know where I can find the archived apps and/or their data on the device or memory card so that I can delete them manually? I've looked all around on both and can't find where my archived apps are - just other ones that I've downloaded recently.

I'm trying to transfer My-Cast Weather to my Torch, which I previously bought on my Bold 9700. I can delete the app and it keeps coming back when I sign-in to App World. I can do ALT+R S T, and it also keeps coming back. When I try to re-download, it already has the old key in memory which doesn't work on my new device.
    Last edited by MyTechLife; 12-21-10 at 01:54 PM.
    12-21-10 01:44 PM
    If you hit ALT + RST, they will reappear. If you don't, then they won't. It's not perfect, but for some people, they don't want click the collapse button and this is as good as it gets. Just trying to help. For the record though, I hardly every use ALT + RST anyways.
    I have a lot of apps on my device, including 25-30 currently installed via App World. That's enough apps that an app update appears fairly frequently. The more upgrades, the more opportunity for App World to screw up and get stuck. The more times that happens, the more times I need to hit ALT+RST.

A good example was Shazam. First unavailable for 9800, then I read that it was. Unfortunately, App World didn't agree... until I hit ALT+RST.
    Upon restarting App World, lo and behold Shazam had moved from Unavailable to Uninstalled so I was able to download it again.

PS If you collapse a list, App World remembers and it will be collapsed still when you return.
    12-22-10 04:25 PM
    I have a lot of apps on my device, including 25-30 currently installed via App World. That's enough apps that an app update appears fairly frequently. The more upgrades, the more opportunity for App World to screw up and get stuck. The more times that happens, the more times I need to hit ALT+RST.

A good example was Shazam. First unavailable for 9800, then I read that it was. Unfortunately, App World didn't agree... until I hit ALT+RST.
    Upon restarting App World, lo and behold Shazam had moved from Unavailable to Uninstalled so I was able to download it again.

PS If you collapse a list, App World remembers and it will be collapsed still when you return.
    I don't disagree with you. I myself collapse my list, as it doesn't bother me. Yes, I would like RIM to give me the option of removing it totally, but it's not there. I was just giving others an option. It's not written in stone.

I myself have 32 apps downloaded and installed but have never needed to restart App World. As with much of the quirks with BB, every user will have a different experience.
    12-22-10 04:32 PM
    Does anybody know where I can find the archived apps and/or their data on the device or memory card so that I can delete them manually? I've looked all around on both and can't find where my archived apps are - just other ones that I've downloaded recently.

I'm trying to transfer My-Cast Weather to my Torch, which I previously bought on my Bold 9700. I can delete the app and it keeps coming back when I sign-in to App World. I can do ALT+R S T, and it also keeps coming back. When I try to re-download, it already has the old key in memory which doesn't work on my new device.
    Your profile doesn't say, do you have your 9800 and 9700 both in use? Or did you switch from 9700 to 9800?

In the My World listing, does it show an activation code with it?
    12-22-10 04:42 PM
128 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD