01-02-12 09:56 AM
128 12345 ...
tools
    EPIC! Thanks a lot! Instantly gave me back 3 MB's. Shot from 42.1 to 45.1. However... After restarting it slumped back down to 42.4.
    02-03-10 02:04 AM
    Wow I had 96.8 and it went up to 108.5..sweeeet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 06:38 AM
    There is a way to get rid of uninstalled apps from my world so that you don't have to look at them. From the my world page, complete the following:

For keyboard based blackberries: Hold down the ALT key and type r s t

For the Storm: Hold down the number lock key (?123) till it locks, then type 3 4 (

This will clear out all your uninstalled app from your phone.
    When I first ran ALL R S T it closed App World and when I went back into it the 3 deleted programs were gone and all of my installed apps showed (some didn't show before). However when I login to my App World/PayPal account 2 of the deleted programs show again.

I think in my case it is showing the 2 apps I removed through App World because I still have them on my phone. I had problems upgrading these 2 apps through App World so I removed them and purchased them through Mobihand. So I am thinking that App World is being fooled.
    Last edited by TheBronx; 02-03-10 at 08:06 AM.
    02-03-10 07:51 AM
    yes, agree with above.
    unfortunately it didn't work with storm2...
    HELP us pls...........!!
    Do a search on this site with "Storm 2 tips and tricks" or something like that and you will find lots of useful info. Or, go to the Storm 2 forum.
    02-03-10 09:57 AM
    There is a way to get rid of uninstalled apps from my world so that you dont have to look at them. From the my world page, complete the following:

For the Storm: Hold down the number lock key (?123) till it locks, then type 3 4 (

How do i do this on an 8220? I have 2 letters per key.
    02-04-10 04:40 PM
    Just tried it cleared out my storm 2 great!

02-09-10 11:38 PM
    When I first ran ALL R S T it closed App World and when I went back into it the 3 deleted programs were gone and all of my installed apps showed (some didn't show before). However when I login to my App World/PayPal account 2 of the deleted programs show again.

I think in my case it is showing the 2 apps I removed through App World because I still have them on my phone. I had problems upgrading these 2 apps through App World so I removed them and purchased them through Mobihand. So I am thinking that App World is being fooled.
    Seeing how you had to purchase them from Mobihand. Can I assume you had also previously purchased the 2 apps from App World? Them being re-installed onto your device is not why they're there. It's because purchased apps will ALWAYS appear in My World. You've bought them, and they're yours to re-install at your leisure. Make sense?

02-10-10 04:49 AM
    Ha ha

Just tried the 34( trick on my storm 2 and it worked a treat.

Secret is to do it on landscape mode.

Gave me 1MB back.

Wool diddy Woop.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-10-10 05:33 AM
    Fantastic!!!!

It just freed up 13mb!
    02-10-10 11:28 AM
    Wonder how this trick was discovered...
    02-16-10 09:10 PM
    This should be stickied!

02-21-10 01:27 AM
    There is a way to get rid of uninstalled apps from my world so that you dont have to look at them. From the my world page, complete the following:

Worked like a charm thanks.

02-28-10 02:44 PM
    May I use my first post to thank those who contributed to the thread.

Next best trick to the soft reset (alt-Rshift-del) keystroke, which was necessary after doing (alt-r,s,t) to unfreeze my 8530.

This also resolved a problem where an app had a red star (*) indicating it needed upgraded, even though the upgrade and my version were exactly the same.
    03-02-10 11:32 PM
    Man this has been bugging me forever now! I will try it later when I'm done upgrading the OS. Props
    You also need to do this anyway whenever you upgrade your OS or upgrade App World itself.

After an upgrade of either, open App World, and accept the licensing agreement. (Clicking SPACE is way faster than scrolling!)
    Once in App World, click MENU and select Log In. Enter your Paypal info. (Skip that step if you don't have Paypal associated with App World.*)
    After Log In, perform the ALT+RST in My World.

* if anyone doesn't have Paypal, sign up for an account. You can sign up withOUT inputting any financial accounts, cards, etc. Associating App World with a Paypal account is sometimes a huge help with restoring App World after upgrades.

03-02-10 11:56 PM
    My BB app world is not offering me an 'update button' but my deleted apps are still archived.....help!

03-04-10 11:05 AM
    I tried the "alt r s t" solution and it wiped out the uninstalled icons on the my world page. However, on the featured, categories, free, paid, and search pages for blackberry app, I now receive a message stating "Error trying to resolve". Any suggestions?
    03-07-10 08:21 PM
    My BB app world is not offering me an 'update button' but my deleted apps are still archived.....help!
    What update button?

And did you actually read this thread before posting? It is already about your question with the answer given in detail.
    03-07-10 10:13 PM
    darn, when i did the ALT + R + S + T, this happenned to me, when I opened the blackberry world app, it says APN is not found.. when I exited and thought to let it reset, and now when I click on the BWA, it just hangs.. DARN !
    03-12-10 02:48 AM
    ok, thanks for the answer ! it worked well, but It needed me to reset the phone !
    03-12-10 02:56 AM

Thank you so much! Worked perfectly!

03-18-10 12:58 AM
    great tip in here...
    04-08-10 11:16 PM
    I have a BB Storm2 and until 2 weeks ago, when my BB OS system was last upgraded, I could use 3 4 ( to remove the uninstalled apps from my list of apps in App World. Now that no longer works. Does anyone know why and how I should now delete those apps.
    04-18-10 02:33 PM
    Has anyone tried deleting the archived apps off the media card using the file explorer? That was what I did.
    04-18-10 05:16 PM

That did it. Thanks!
    04-25-10 12:23 PM
    I have a BB Storm2 and until 2 weeks ago, when my BB OS system was last upgraded, I could use 3 4 ( to remove the uninstalled apps from my list of apps in App World. Now that no longer works. Does anyone know why and how I should now delete those apps.
    Having the same problem trying to remove a uninstalled app from my list in App World. OS is .607.
    04-25-10 12:36 PM
128 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD