01-02-12 09:56 AM
128 1234 ...
tools
    i have the same issue i tried everything and nothing works... very fustrating
    09-25-09 02:16 AM
    There is a way to get rid of uninstalled apps from my world so that you dont have to look at them. From the my world page, complete the following:

For keyboard based blackberries: Hold down the ALT key and type r s t

For the Storm: Hold down the number lock key (?123) till it locks, then type 3 4 (

This will clear out all your uninstalled app from your phone.
    10-16-09 10:17 PM
    Worked great, thanks.

There is a way to get rid of uninstalled apps from my world so that you dont have to look at them. From the my world page, complete the following:

For the Storm: Hold down the number lock key (?123) till it locks, then type 3 4 (

10-26-09 12:44 PM

I backed out of the App World. When I went back into My World the uninstalled app was nowhere to be found. Thanks.
    10-26-09 09:48 PM
    I backed out of the App World. When I went back into My World the uninstalled app was nowhere to be found. Thanks.
    Worked for me as well.

Cool. Now I don't have that crappy WeatherBug lurking in My World Apps.

10-29-09 09:34 PM
    thanks i was experiencing the same problem i did a batt pull and it didnt work but deleting from my app world helped thanks
    10-30-09 02:09 AM

it worked but, they are still in the downloads folder, archived
    10-30-09 02:40 AM

Great shortcut dwmiller33,
    May I ask where you found this out?

Thanks,
    10-31-09 01:37 PM

Thank you SO much for this tip! I was going nuts trying to remove Loopt from my Bold 9000 after a botched install (won't work due to BES security settings on my device). I tried deleting Loopt from within App World, but App World would just hang. Then, I tried deleting Loopt from Settings/Applications, but when I did that it also deleted App World. When I then downloaded and reinstalled App World, Loopt showed up as an archived app. When I tried to delete the archived Loopt from within App World, App World would just hang. And when I deleted the archived Loopt by choosing "delete" from the archived icon, App World was also deleted. When I reinstalled App World, the archived Loopt returned. I was caught in a loop (bad pun not intended). Your ALT+R,S,T trick worked flawlessly! When I restarted App World, Loopt wasn't in the My World list anymore. The archived Loopt archive icon was still in my download folder, but after a battery pull it was gone, too. Thanks again for saving me from going loopy. (OK, that bad pun was intended, hehe.)
    11-13-09 05:46 PM
    Here's my rundown from another thread which covers dwmiller's tip with a little more:

Apps originally downloaded from App World must be deleted from My World in App World. Deleting them from your App screen will result in App World archiving them to your SD card.

If you've already archived an app by deleting from Options/Advanced Options/Applications, here's how to clear the Archived App.
    Go into App World, into My World, and scroll to the bottom to see Archived Apps. Highlight it, click MENU, select Delete: voila! No more Archived App!

As a side note, any deleted Apps in App World will still appear at the bottom of your My World list as Uninstalled. That means the same as Deleted. They are off your device, My World just keeps the listing there for your reference.

If the Uninstalled ones bother you a lot, inside My World hold down ALT and type R S T on your keyboard. App World will typically freeze then close. Re-open it and the Uninstalled Apps should be gone.
    (Don't do the ALT+RST until you delete Archived Apps, as in some cases you're just deleting that App's My World listing while actually leaving the Archived App on your SD card.)

The ALT+RST is also used to re-fill My World after an upgrade. Do this AFTER you Log In with your PayPal info.
    (Holy cow I wished I had figured that out earlier instead of re-downloading the same Apps all over again!)

Whew! Too much info? You asked for it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by elite1; 12-14-09 at 01:11 AM.
    11-13-09 11:45 PM
    Delete it from the app world and then look for the archive one and delete that one too. it should work, at least it does for me.... if its still there, go to options - applications- look for there and delete from there.
    11-13-09 11:59 PM
    thanks for the landscape trick to remove those annoying 'uninstalled' apps in the my world list,

3 4 ( worked a treat!
    11-22-09 11:26 AM
    reinstall the app then delete again from app world after installed. worked for me
    12-14-09 12:54 PM
    I have tried this for my storm 2 as i have an application showing uninstalled one that is archived and one that is unavailable for this device (worked with storm1) i have tried the key combinations posted above but cannot get rid of those apps. could be doing it wrong can i get an explanation for dummies please or some additonal insight if anyone has any. Thank you.
    12-18-09 07:22 PM
    Here's my rundown from another thread which covers dwmiller's tip with a little more:

Apps originally downloaded from App World must be deleted from My World in App World. Deleting them from your App screen will result in App World archiving them to your SD card.

If you've already archived an app by deleting from Options/Advanced Options/Applications, here's how to clear the Archived App.
    Go into App World, into My World, and scroll to the bottom to see Archived Apps. Highlight it, click MENU, select Delete: voila! No more Archived App!

As a side note, any deleted Apps in App World will still appear at the bottom of your My World list as Uninstalled. That means the same as Deleted. They are off your device, My World just keeps the listing there for your reference.

If the Uninstalled ones bother you a lot, inside My World hold down ALT and type R S T on your keyboard. App World will typically freeze then close. Re-open it and the Uninstalled Apps should be gone.
    (Don't do the ALT+RST until you delete Archived Apps, as in some cases you're just deleting that App's My World listing while actually leaving the Archived App on your SD card.)

The ALT+RST is also used to re-fill My World after an upgrade. Do this AFTER you Log In with your PayPal info.
    (Holy cow I wished I had figured that out earlier instead of re-downloading the same Apps all over again!)

Whew! Too much info? You asked for it!

Thanks for your helpful post. This worked great for me.
    12-26-09 08:22 PM

How does anyone know all this?
    That's what I want to know.
    12-26-09 08:37 PM
    Thanks for your helpful post. This worked great for me.
    You are most welcome!

12-27-09 07:01 AM
    How does anyone know all this?
    That's what I want to know.
    Pfft! You mean you didn't get the memo?

12-27-09 07:04 AM
    Thanks for the info. It was borthing the heck out of me.
    01-08-10 03:26 PM
    I have tried this for my storm 2 as i have an application showing uninstalled one that is archived and one that is unavailable for this device (worked with storm1) i have tried the key combinations posted above but cannot get rid of those apps. could be doing it wrong can i get an explanation for dummies please or some additonal insight if anyone has any. Thank you.
    yes, agree with above.
    unfortunately it didn't work with storm2...
    HELP us pls...........!!
    01-13-10 11:08 PM
    i had this problem too. when i uninstall the games, the BB App world would also disappear. I went inside the App and deleted in the My World section and it was gone!
    01-14-10 02:46 PM

Worked for me too - and freed up about 5mb of space!

01-24-10 05:03 PM
    Great info thanks
    01-24-10 06:10 PM
    ok well i did this and while it deleted from app world, it still has on icon on my home screen where it says archived. so i deleted from my home screen and it rebooted and it deleted my bb app world too wtf is going on?!? then if i try to reinstall bb app world, it brings back my stupid uninstalled/archived apps. all this bs because of agendus!!!someone please help me out!!!
    01-26-10 12:49 AM
    rst method worked for me. Thanks
    01-27-10 09:46 AM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD