9700 with TMobile OS6.

I've done this before but for some reason BBSAK nor Shrink-A-OS cannot find my phone.

I recently deleted and re-installed Win7 on my pc, I haven't installed BB Desktop, I didn't think I'd need it.

I want to delete BB Messenger off my phone, don't use it, never have used it, no one I know has it, so, it goes.

I installed both BBSAK and Shrink-A-OS, but neither one can find my phone hooked up to my pc via USB.

What am I doing wrong?

Update: I've loaded everything, DeskTop Mgr, TMobile OS6. Installed BBSAK, Shrink-A-Lot, and neither of these apps can find the phone.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 08-30-11 at 08:04 PM.
    08-30-11 06:46 PM
    What is wrong is you do not have BDM installed on your PC. the drivers that come with BDM are REQUIRED for BBSAK or BB Boss to work.
    08-30-11 06:59 PM
    What is wrong is you do not have BDM installed on your PC. the drivers that come with BDM are REQUIRED for BBSAK or BB Boss to work.
    Ok, I followed ur advice and also installed Tmobile OS6, still neither Shrink A Os nor BBSAK can locate the phone on USB, but Desktop can. Is there another way to delete BBM directly off phone without reinstalling entire OS which will wipe my phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 09:21 AM
    Download BBM from app-world. Then go to Application Management and you will be able to delete it.
    08-31-11 09:42 AM
    Download BBM from app-world. Then go to Application Management and you will be able to delete it.
    Already tried that, doesn't work.
    08-31-11 11:20 AM
    If you have the same version on your phone that is in app-world it won't let you download it again. If you sign up for Blackberry Beta Zone, there is a different version there. If you download that you should be able to delete it from your application management.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    08-31-11 11:35 AM
    Ok, I followed ur advice and also installed Tmobile OS6, still neither Shrink A Os nor BBSAK can locate the phone on USB, but Desktop can. Is there another way to delete BBM directly off phone without reinstalling entire OS which will wipe my phone?

Generally speaking if BBSAK cannot locate the phone it is for one of two reasons. 1. the OS is not an official release and is instead a leaked version. 2. BDM is running ( the latest version automatically detects your connected phone and starts when ever the phone is plugged in to the PC even before you open BDM. you have to exit this from your taskbar before running BBSAK.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is the problem stems from OS corruption present on your phone.
    08-31-11 12:43 PM
    is bbm not part of the core bb os? you might brick ur device if you delete it and u can be sure everytime u update ur os, it will be back...save urself the trouble....if u dont use it just ignore it
    08-31-11 02:48 PM
    If you have the same version on your phone that is in app-world it won't let you download it again. If you sign up for Blackberry Beta Zone, there is a different version there. If you download that you should be able to delete it from your application management.
    Your idea worked, I downloaded BBM from BBBETA and just like you said, deleted it from application manager.
    Thank you
    08-31-11 05:20 PM
    is bbm not part of the core bb os? you might brick ur device if you delete it and u can be sure everytime u update ur os, it will be back...save urself the trouble....if u dont use it just ignore it
    Shrew... Was correct, download from bb beta then delete from application manager.
    08-31-11 05:22 PM
    Generally speaking if BBSAK cannot locate the phone it is for one of two reasons. 1. the OS is not an official release and is instead a leaked version. 2. BDM is running ( the latest version automatically detects your connected phone and starts when ever the phone is plugged in to the PC even before you open BDM. you have to exit this from your taskbar before running BBSAK.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is the problem stems from OS corruption present on your phone.
    I tried it first without dtm then tried with it running, so far nothing worked. The OS has been working very good and is from official source not a rouge OS. But thanks anyway!
    08-31-11 05:29 PM
    if you use Facebook, other email accounts (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo!, etc) you should keep it. i believe that all those things use BBM's app to deliver notifications as well as messages to the phone. remove it, you lose all but text messaging if i am correct on this.
    08-31-11 07:26 PM
    I doubt anybody thought of deleting the vendor.xml file. That's one way of getting OS 5/6/7 to load especially if it's leaked or not from your carrier.

08-31-11 07:36 PM
    if you use Facebook, other email accounts (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo!, etc) you should keep it. i believe that all those things use BBM's app to deliver notifications as well as messages to the phone. remove it, you lose all but text messaging if i am correct on this.
    I'll find out 'cause its deleted
    08-31-11 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD