Hi i was wondering if anyone with a Blackberry Torch has been able to change a bbm picture of a friend in your contact list. I am able to do it on my Blackberry Tour but a friend of my told me that he wasn't able to do it with his torch and change it to a picture that he had stored on his phone. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.....
    12-05-10 04:39 PM
    I didnt know we could change bbm pics.

Are they both running the same version of bbm?

If they arent and it is a version specific version you can get try and extract it via bbsak and load it on to your torch.
    12-05-10 04:46 PM
    I believe you can do this by linking your bbm contact to your "regular" contact, be it that you personalized the "regular" contact entry.

i think that is right, or answers your question......
    12-05-10 05:00 PM
    yes you are correct in "linking your bbm contact to your "regular" contact, be it that you personalized the "regular" contact entry" this is how I did it on my tour although have you tried to do this on your torch...

would you be able to try and let me know as this may change my decision in going with the torch in the near future..much appreciated and thank you in advanced..
    12-05-10 05:15 PM
    yes you are correct in "linking your bbm contact to your "regular" contact, be it that you personalized the "regular" contact entry" this is how I did it on my tour although have you tried to do this on your torch...

would you be able to try and let me know as this may change my decision in going with the torch in the near future..much appreciated and thank you in advanced..
    how do you link your bbm contacts to your regular contacts
    thanks
    12-05-10 05:55 PM

yes it works!

you do this by going to the info of your bmm contact and select "link with blackberry contact" in the menu or on the bottom of the screen.
    12-05-10 10:44 PM
    This issue has nothing to do with the Torch, it has to do with specific versions of BBM. There were certain versions where the ability to use contact pics rather than BBM pics was removed. I had this problem with certain versions of BBM on my 9000 also. This annoyed the heck out of me since I have a contact with a BBM pic I cannot stand and she won't change it. HAHA!

Now, just linking to your blackberry contact isn't enough if your BBM contact uses a BBM pic, as that will still take precedence over the blackberry contact pic. If you find that a BBM contact still shows their BBM pic rather than your blackberry contact pic after linking to the blackberry contact, hilight the contact in BBM, press the menu button and select "view contact profile". There should be an option to "Use blackberry contacts image" with a yes/no dropdown box. Select yes to change the pic to your blackberry contact pic.
    12-06-10 08:23 AM
    I was wondering what was going on with that...I've been trying to change this forever.
    12-06-10 12:00 PM
    I was able to put a picture on a contact who didnt have one, but wasnt able to change a the picture of a contact with a picture (cant stand his NE Pats logo)
    12-06-10 12:28 PM
    wasn't there a bug with that though, linking them to the contact and then entering the PIN into the contact's info (or something like that) I remember reading that here somewhere. Just wanted to throw that out before someone gets jammed up by it. if not and i'm losing it....disregard..
    12-06-10 01:37 PM
    I was able to put a picture on a contact who didnt have one, but wasnt able to change a the picture of a contact with a picture (cant stand his NE Pats logo)
    You should be able to assign any pic to that person's entry in your regular blackberry contacts. From there you go into BBM and link that person to the blackberry contact, then as I stated above, hilight them in BBM and "view contact profile" and change the option in there to yes.

Also make sure you have the latest version of BBM because as I stated, some older versions didn't have this option. You also may have to at least start a conversation with that person and have them reply to you before the option appears. Sounds kinda weird but I do remember after updating once that I didn't have the option but after I started having a new conversation with the person the option suddenly appeared.
    12-07-10 12:50 PM
    I didnt know we could change bbm pics.

Are they both running the same version of bbm?

If they arent and it is a version specific version you can get try and extract it via bbsak and load it on to your torch.
    WOW YOUR A BB GENIEUS and you dont know how to change the picture of BBM.

Goto Contact list, contact and edit. change picture. DONE
    12-07-10 03:33 PM
    12-16-10 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD