any help on this? i went into optinos and found the list of apps but there is no option to delete bbm. i want to try to uninstall and reinstall it to see if it will be able to recoer my contacts. i just got a new bold and i tried restoring contacts from my email but i get a message saying there is no backup associated with my email, which i can't believe because that's how i always restored my bbm contacts after new hybrid installs.
    03-25-11 12:55 AM
    any help on this? i went into optinos and found the list of apps but there is no option to delete bbm. i want to try to uninstall and reinstall it to see if it will be able to recoer my contacts. i just got a new bold and i tried restoring contacts from my email but i get a message saying there is no backup associated with my email, which i can't believe because that's how i always restored my bbm contacts after new hybrid installs.
    One thing you can do is download it again from app world or from the BB website. It will ask you if you want to replace the version you have on your phone currently, click yes and it will download the new version. Its not quite the same but it might work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 12:59 AM
    whats the website?
    03-25-11 02:19 PM
    03-25-11 02:20 PM
    his is the way to do this.

Under OS6, BBM is considered a Core part of the OS and cannot be deleted.

Until.... you go to App World and download the latest version.

This now puts BBM into a normal (non-Core) app category and you can delete it from the phone.
    03-25-11 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD