10-20-11 06:43 PM
92 1234
tools
    I'm doing the same thing but dm wants me to update my whole core OS and i dont wanna have to reload the entire OS, its too much of a hastle...
    First make sure you back up your data because all of your BBM contacts will be lost.

Now did you uninstall the BB Desktop Manager restart your computer. Reinstall it and restart the computer when prompt to. It can be found here if u have VZ Desktop Software.

Also make sure your phone is not connected to your computer until the BB Desktop Manager is fully reinstalled. Now connect it and let all the new drivers install, then click the Apploader.
    07-19-09 01:30 PM
    I too had the "No Ds and Rs" problem. I uninstalled the BBM 5.0 and reinstalled the 4.7 via DM. Waiting on backup to reload my contacts. Here's hoping for a brighter day...
    07-20-09 11:34 AM
    I downloaded ota. bbm isnt listed in apps
    07-20-09 03:28 PM
    BBM5 worked fine for about 36 hours, then no amount of futzing would overcome the no D's and R's, so it's back to 4.7 until the release version.

Great app, though ... despite the understandable bugs, it will be a big plus for the BB. Looking forward to the release.
    07-20-09 03:30 PM
    I too had the problem with the no d's and r's yesterday but I am not sure whether the problem wasn't somewhere in RIM's servers (read about this on another thread). I had the problem this morning until I ended the conversation I had started yesterday during the problem time and haven't had a problem since.
    07-20-09 04:44 PM
    Hmm so its a server issue? Are people having problems with 4.7 BBM also? When I first installed 5.0 it worked fine. It wasnt till Sunday morning that I was having problems. Hopefully its a server issue as I really like 5.0
    07-20-09 05:02 PM
    Same here.. At first perfect, late yesterday a small delay, this morning I cant hold a conversation on BBM because half are being sent, half arent and they are coming through out of order, etc.

Now I know there are 2 versions of 5.0 floating around... Does anyone know if this happening on the RIM released version or just the OmieTech version?
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    I had horrible issues with the Omietech version... just like above.

then I found the RIM version and everything seemed to work like a charm. now i have lagging again like the other posters above mentioned. no r and d's or text coming in out of order....keeping fingers crossed?

could someone make a revert OTA to downgrade for the 9000? that would be swell as of now i feel there are too many kinks...
    07-20-09 05:48 PM
    so i downloaded the new bbm but there is no icon for it...yet when i go into my advanced options application list it is shown in there...ne ideas?
    07-21-09 12:52 PM
    i downloaded it, now i have no bbm icon.. but when i go to options, advanced options, applications and bbm 5.0 is there but thats it?? what do i do??

and if i want to get back the old BBM ** do i do that?? help please this is bad lol im going crazy
    07-21-09 04:55 PM
    the original smiles did look better, but i like the new ones, especially the on the phone one, its fantastic
    07-21-09 06:10 PM
    I just downloaded BBM 5.0 last night and all last night it worked great and I loved it. But this morning I got to work and now I can't message anyone and it keeps telling me people are unavailable when they are not and sitting right next me. Looks like it's time to revert back to old BBM.
    07-22-09 09:32 AM
    I just downloaded BBM 5.0 last night and all last night it worked great and I loved it. But this morning I got to work and now I can't message anyone and it keeps telling me people are unavailable when they are not and sitting right next me. Looks like it's time to revert back to old BBM.
    Which seems to be a common theme, despite all the protestations that it is RIM's network, not the BBM5 app itself.

While it may well be a combination of both, it is evident that ditching the app is solving the problems with almost all those who downgrade, as was unarguably the case on my device.

Glad to have had the opportunity to get a peek at it, tho ...
    07-22-09 10:45 AM
    if you have a Mac & u need to setup getting back your old BBM how do you do it? Mac's are only backing up contacts for some reason
    07-22-09 11:35 AM
    So i downloaded 5.0 bbm through my phone and it is not working properly, how do i go back to the old one?
    thanks in advance!
    07-22-09 04:29 PM
    ok here is where i'm at.

ota'd the bbm 5.0

it didn't work properly. so i decided to downgrade back to the original bbm.

deleted the bbm 5.0 from my device. hard reset. bbm icon gone and not showing in app list on device

when i plug in my bb and open the app loader with desktop 5.0 it only shows the applications that are on my device. no option to add the bbm back on.

HOW DO I GET MY OLD BBM BACK!?! HELP!!
    07-22-09 08:28 PM
    im so frustrated i tried downaloding the new version of bbm and it completly backfired. i erased the new version and im trying to get my old bbm back but i dont even have the icon showing on my homepage of my blackberry curve. can someone please please help me get my bbm back. im new to this, i dont understand the blackberry terms. i read past posts and i dont understand what "os" and "ota" is. i just want my bbm icon and bbm application back period
    thank you
    Last edited by Liset34; 07-23-09 at 01:50 AM.
    07-23-09 01:47 AM
    im so with you, my bbm icon is not showing. i want my bbm back badly!!!
    07-23-09 01:51 AM

I tried to download bbm 5.0 and when I rebooted my blackberry my old version was gone. And there was no new version to replace the old one. There's no icon at all but it my settings and applications list it sais its there. Today I heard the bbm noise that tells me someone has sent me a msg but again there's nothing there. I tried deleting applications thinking that I could clear memory space and then re download the new version. But it didn't work. Hmmm... Can anyone help me?
    07-23-09 10:31 PM
    1st step, do a backup even if you have the 5.0. Next delete bbm 5.0 from your device. What happens next is you have to uninstall the bb desktop manager from your computer, reinstall it again because the 5.0 old version is already dowloaded to your desktop manager and will not go away believe me! After you install the new version of bb desktop click on the bb messenger and click next you will get the old version but your contacts will be erased. Next, restore to ur latest backup and ur back to normal! Hope this helps...almost had a panic attack yesterday trying to figure out how to get back to the old one! Never trying Beta messengers again! The 5.0 delivers and receives messages with a considerable time lag, the icons cannot be reduced in size which makes it very annoying if you have 176 contacts, voice notes do not work half the time. Needs a lot of work... I can see BBerry developing a better messenger one day but never again beta trust.
    07-24-09 09:26 AM
    what's DM stand for when you say run DM?
    07-24-09 12:35 PM
    I was having the same problems, after 48 hours it just completely stopped working. At first I loved it, now I'm back to 4.7!

I hoped it was just a network coincidence but apparently not due to 4.7 working just fine!
    When I dowloaded BBM 5.0 it completely wiped my BBM off. I looked in applications and I see that it was on my phone but I could not find it. How do I either find it or revert back to BBM 4.7. I have a BB Curve 8330. Thanks so much!
    07-24-09 01:24 PM
    There is no OTA links for the "older" BBM, remove the files from your install folder or if you downloaded it OTA, just run BBDM and it will remove the new version and replace it with the old one.
    I downloaded BBM 5.0 and it wiped my BBM completely off phone. It says downloaded in apps but cannot find it on my phone. How do I revert back or reinstall original BBM? Thanks
    07-24-09 01:32 PM
    if you have a Mac & u need to setup getting back your old BBM how do you do it? Mac's are only backing up contacts for some reason
    Did anyone get back to you on this ? I am having teh same problem.. HELP!!
    07-26-09 02:01 AM
    I Cant Figure Out How To Get 4.7 Back Using Pocketbook. I Dont Have The Dm.

Help!!!
    07-26-09 02:03 AM
    Let's face it BBM 5.0 is not good enough to have yet...and while the interface is excellent what's the purpose of an app that looks good but doesn't work properly...I've lost my bbm icon b4...it deleted all my contacts after I did a `qyickpull' and now it keeps tellin my my girlfriend is unreachable....WHILE WE ARE HAVIBG AN ONGOING CONVO for hours on in....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 02:23 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD