Hi guys I'm new here so pardon me if this post is in the wrong place. I recently updated my 9700 to the new .714 OS, which so far has been one of the larger mistakes I've made in my life. My questions pertains to the new BBM it installed -- There is obviously no longer in the option for "Set Alert" for it to notify you when someone becomes available, so I'll just live with that, but it seems that now, even when you set yourself "Busy," whichever BBM tone+vibration theme you have set still plays when you receive a new message, which is not how it was on older BBMs that I've had on my old 8700G, 8800, and 8900.. is there ANY way around this? I'm absolutely hating this, as well as several other things about this "upgrade" such as the top lock key no longer instituting the PASSWORD lock. Last question -- I upgraded OTA, and have never used desktop manager. Must I use it to downgrade my software, if that is the route I wind up having to go? Thanks for your help. I simply don't understand why changes like these have been made..

Adam
    08-23-10 06:54 PM
    go into your busy profile and make sure the profile is set the way you want. sounds like it's not set right.
    08-23-10 07:01 PM
    I recently updated my 9700 to the new .714 OS, which so far has been one of the larger mistakes I've made in my life.
    lol

lol

lol
    Last edited by Average Joe; 08-23-10 at 07:12 PM.
    08-23-10 07:09 PM
    714 is working great for me. I believe every version 5 OS after .5xx has the top left button changed into a screenlock and no longer a password lock (I just set my password time to 15minutes, set it to automatically lock when put in the holster, and thru the password icon onto the home screen so I can set it quickly)

Have you done a hard battery pull after your OS upgrade? I always do at least one and I have sworn by it. Also, you should pop onto appworld and make sure you are running the latest version of BBM (a new one just came out last week). Hope something there can be of use to you
    08-23-10 07:16 PM
    .714 is fine for me except for the picture issue.
    08-23-10 07:25 PM
    714 is working great for me. I believe every version 5 OS after .5xx has the top left button changed into a screenlock and no longer a password lock (I just set my password time to 15minutes, set it to automatically lock when put in the holster, and thru the password icon onto the home screen so I can set it quickly)
    Except for .602 for whatever reason.

On an unrelated note, SaskTel's got 3G+ now? Score!
    08-23-10 08:18 PM
    Running .862 with new BBM, no probs, Mute button no longer has standby feature, that was taken out long ago and not likely going to be revived.
    08-23-10 10:45 PM
    .714 works great on my device....also don't get the blurry pic's like some have mentioned.

New BBM works well too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 02:56 AM
    .714 works great on my device....also don't get the blurry pic's like some have mentioned.

New BBM works well too...

Ditto! 714 is the best
    08-24-10 03:41 AM
    please can some one tell me how i can tell what version i am running?
    08-24-10 05:00 AM
    Options > About

The OS is displayed on the 3rd line down - v5.0.0.xxx

08-24-10 05:06 AM
    You can also hold ALT + SHIFT + H
    08-24-10 10:00 AM
    714 was absolutely solid!
    08-24-10 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD