I purchased a holster at Best Buy yesterday for my Tour. It has a sleep magnet in it. I went to my message settings and said for the newest message to open when removed from holster - never. Even with that change - it still is doing it. Any suggestions on where to go next?

Thanks!
    01-18-10 06:13 AM
    Can you confirm the sleep magnet is working? If you slide the Tour into the holster slowly, can you see the screen go black? You can test the switch in your tour using a magnetized tip screwdriver. The switch is between the space, v and b keys.
    01-18-10 06:35 AM
    I purchased a holster at Best Buy yesterday for my Tour. It has a sleep magnet in it. I went to my message settings and said for the newest message to open when removed from holster - never. Even with that change - it still is doing it. Any suggestions on where to go next?

Thanks!
    Your not alone.
    I have it set to "Never" Open newest message upon removing from holster.

There have been rare mometns when I feel my Blackberry go off, take it out of the holster and it doesn't open the message immediately but for the most part it always does.

I am running the latest Verizon 4.7 OS not sure if it was fixed in 5.0 but it happened on the prior officail Verizon 4.7 OS as well.
    01-18-10 07:05 AM
    BlackBerry devices have always worked this way: if a new message arrived when the device was in the holster, and you removed the device from the holster within 15 seconds of the new message alert, the BlackBerry software assumed you wanted to read the new message and helpfully opened it for you. If you waited more than 15 seconds, it did not open the message. The new options that you are referring to don't appear to work perfectly, but waiting 15+ seconds will still work.
    01-18-10 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD