So still a newbie to the BB world, I did notice something interesting today: the "In Holster/Out of Holster" settings.

Apparently there is a magnet in OEM Blackberry holsters that triggers the "in holster" mode.

Obviously, the 85xx does not come with a holster. Is there one on the market that has the magnet built in, that perfectly fits the 85xx for using this feature?

Also, do many 3rd party holsters for the device have the magnet feature built into them?

Thanks and sorry if it's been asked before, couldn't find anything via search regarding this particular model.

Don
    02-14-10 12:50 AM
    Ahhh! Sorry, I should have searched in the store, not just the forums.

For those of you who may have the same question, right here at Crackberry you can get a great deal on the OEM holster that fits the 85xx perfectly and has the "sleep magnet" built in. Now if I can just find one of these things that will fit my ex wife.

It's here: http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

Sorry for taking up bandwidth for a question I answered myself, but maybe those in the future who have the same question will benefit from the post.

Don
    02-14-10 01:00 AM
    Questions, answers, and discussion are what its (supposed to be) all about on CB

I think its great that you asked the question and kept looking for the answer yourself AND after you found it, you shared it with everybody else

I personally prefer using BlackBerry branded holsters. I find that they fit and function better than third party offerings.

Enjoy the holster profile settings. One of the things I miss when I try a non BlackBerry phone are the great profile setup options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 01:20 AM
    In case someone else needs this info, although the blackberry branded ones are my favorite, you don't always have to use the one made for your berry. I hate vertical holsters and I couldn't find a horizontal one for my 8330, the horizontal for the bold works great! Just something to think about when shopping. The sleep magnet is the same in all of the blackberry branded holsters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 03:42 AM
    Never refrain from posting, but do keep in mind that the forum will try to answer your question while you ask it! Quite a feature!

Now, for the sake of the members, here is the pouch I have Amazon.com: OEM Blackberry Curve 8900 Pocket Case Pouch Black: Cell Phones & Service, it's $12.95 here in the CB shop, therefore why I post this link.
    02-14-10 09:03 AM
    Otter box defender has a holster that has sleep mode!
    02-14-10 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD