http://www.iq4news.com/yemisi-ogunle...-tsunami-alert
    I wonder if RIM are aware that this is going on and if they are acting on it.
    07-15-11 02:18 PM
    Seeing this stuff is a shame...... BBM the new spam

No word if it was reported to them, but stuff like this gets passed around all the time in SMS and email.
    07-15-11 02:24 PM
    Why would they act on it? Hoaxs like this get spread all the time in Africa and Asia via text messages and the carriers don't do anything about it. The only different thing is that this was done via BBM.
    07-15-11 02:50 PM
    Why would they act on it? Hoaxs like this get spread all the time in Africa and Asia via text messages and the carriers don't do anything about it. The only different thing is that this was done via BBM.
    Because unlike sms, which can be sent from any phone or computer, BBM must be sent from a Blackberry phone or server which would mean it could be traced and blocked. Or maybe caused a mass panic about a natural disaster outside of North America just isn't important enough for RIM.
    07-15-11 03:32 PM
    Why not delete the contact from your list of contacts?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't receive a BBM from someone who is not a contact. So I'm assuming everyone that got the BBM must have had someone in common as a contact.
    07-15-11 04:24 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't receive a BBM from someone who is not a contact. So I'm assuming everyone that got the BBM must have had someone in common as a contact.
    Hey am Nigerian
    Not as easy as it seems , yoou can have a good friend that would send a bc but u can't delete him/her it could be a classmate even, and I keep putting no bcs please but people ddont listen, I just end the chat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 07:00 PM
    Hey am Nigerian
    Not as easy as it seems , yoou can have a good friend that would send a bc but u can't delete him/her it could be a classmate even, and I keep putting no bcs please but people ddont listen, I just end the chat

Sorry friend or not, I warn them once after that its delete time.....Ppl will never spread good tips always some nonsense that ALWAYS prove to be wrong.
    07-15-11 07:04 PM
    never heard of bbm spam. that sucks!
    07-16-11 02:41 AM

Yep. That's right.

I give my contacts and new contacts a notice not to broadcast message me me.

I'll suffer one from them. Then if I get another...poof..buh bye.
    07-16-11 07:22 AM
    Aw gosh, more of this hoax nonsense. Why don't those mofo's just stop? Lol

07-16-11 07:53 PM
    Because unlike sms, which can be sent from any phone or computer, BBM must be sent from a Blackberry phone or server which would mean it could be traced and blocked. Or maybe caused a mass panic about a natural disaster outside of North America just isn't important enough for RIM.
    It's not RIM's responsibility if people misuse their product.
    erinzmd likes this.
    07-16-11 09:39 PM
    Alright..so I am a Nigerian living in the USA sending out Hoax messages..Do we say Americans are sending out Hoax messages or ..a message originating from America's BBM network ......Lets be careful b4 we jump to conclusions here and bunch everyone in the country of 140 million in one category of Hoaxers.
    07-18-11 12:54 AM
    Alright..so I am a Nigerian living in the USA sending out Hoax messages..Do we say Americans are sending out Hoax messages or ..a message originating from America's BBM network ......Lets be careful b4 we jump to conclusions here and bunch everyone in the country of 140 million in one category of Hoaxers.
    quite right...hoax, spam, prank messages originate all over the world and it has nothing to do with continent or race.

i dont know why folks on here are hyper-ventilating about this. its not any different from 100s of broadcast messages that float around the BBM world everyday.

was suprised it became news on CB....i guess it because RIM has been silent for the last few weeks and theres nothing beta to talk about
    07-18-11 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD