10-14-11 07:35 PM
27 12
tools
    Does anyone know how to configure the options in Blackberry messenger where the person who sent you the bbm doesn't see an "R" after you've read it. I'm tired of hearing my girl tell me that she knows I've read one of the messenges she's sent me when I'm trying to ignore her.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 05:57 AM
    That is one of the core features, and cannot be disabled.
    HOWEVER (and this works on my 8330m, 4.5.0.186, bbm v5.0.0.57), if you only open and just LOOK at the message, the yellow "unread" triangle won't turn white, and when you back out of it, it won't mark it as read Don't press ANY keys besides the "End Call" button. Works like a charm.

(Crosses fingers that my wife doesn't ever see this).
    06-25-10 06:24 AM
    Bahahah, does every man have the same problem.

I also get the "I know your awake, you read my message"

06-25-10 07:25 AM
    If you look at the message through your messages folder and not from bbm it will not show the "R". Learned that after the wife kept calling me out on not replying to her messages.
    06-25-10 07:32 AM
    Thank you. Another question is how do you make it so that the blackberry groups dropdown tab disappears. I don't use it so I only want the Chats & Friends tabs on my homescreen.

06-25-10 08:00 AM
    YOU MEN are somethin else. How about workin on treating your woman good instead of learning how to get away with ignoring her! WoW, if your woman ignored you, you'd be the same way. LOL OK thats another board and another forum!!!
    shuabert likes this.
    06-25-10 08:26 AM
    Thank you. Another question is how do you make it so that the blackberry groups dropdown tab disappears. I don't use it so I only want the Chats & Friends tabs on my homescreen.
    Next to Chats, and Contacts, and Groups there is a little (+) or (-) sign. Highlight "Groups" and click, should minimize that menu.
    06-25-10 09:41 AM
    Does anyone know how to configure the options in Blackberry messenger where the person who sent you the bbm doesn't see an "R" after you've read it. I'm tired of hearing my girl tell me that she knows I've read one of the messenges she's sent me when I'm trying to ignore her.

Hahaha this is hilarious. I don't think its possible tho, I've thought about it too...
    06-25-10 09:46 AM
    Simple solution. When someone sends you a BBM, you can read it and still have it marked unread, by clicking BBM and opening the chat, and once you're done, press the red power button. It'll keep the msg unread.

Don't press the back button or move your trackball or trackpad or type anything, otherwise it'll be marked as read.
    06-25-10 09:50 AM

Why don't you try telling her yes, you've read the message but it's not always possible to reply right away and you will reply when you get the chance?

Won't she understand that?
    06-25-10 11:01 AM
    YOU MEN are somethin else. How about workin on treating your woman good instead of learning how to get away with ignoring her! WoW, if your woman ignored you, you'd be the same way. LOL OK thats another board and another forum!!!
    Ha but women do the same thing!! Anyway if people just stopped nagging about answering every time people wouldn't need to do this. Sometimes people can read but can't respond or be in a text conversation whenever the other person feels like it. You are not the only thing in the person you are bbming's life, get over the R with no response it doesn't mean anything...Usually.

06-25-10 11:07 AM
    JAYDEE They insist on being MEN! LOL Kinda the reason why us women get so annoyed!!

I agree you can't expect a response every time but if it happens a lot, it's called RUDE and/or LAZY!

I bet if your buddies msg you about a football game or something, you'd be right on it lmao
    Last edited by flchick75; 06-25-10 at 11:12 AM.
    06-25-10 11:07 AM
    Oh please FLchick. Listen if you let your old man have a little space he wouldn't ignore you. I don't care if you're the most amazing woman on earth a guy doesn't want to hear you 24/7. Listening to petty conversations over what you did at work or what you bought at the grocery store.

06-25-10 11:50 AM
    lol You don't know what I talk about or how often I talk!! I don't even have this problem :P
    06-25-10 11:56 AM
    lol You don't know what I talk about or how often I talk!! I don't even have this problem :P
    damn flchick.... you have your ol man on a chain?

JK!
    06-25-10 12:08 PM
    Isn't that the way it's supposed to happen? Shackled and caged?
    06-25-10 12:13 PM
    well.... i guess some like that...
    06-25-10 01:25 PM
    not you? Hey no blackberry issues with any of my men because if one doesn't respond, I have 23 others
    Last edited by flchick75; 06-25-10 at 03:30 PM. Reason: smiley
    06-25-10 02:32 PM
    You ladies aren't the only ones who never see 'read'. Some people *ahem* pull the same trick on their bosses!
    06-25-10 03:19 PM
    You ladies aren't the only ones who never see 'read'. Some people *ahem* pull the same trick on their bosses!
    I COPY THAT !!! Hey you're not my boss are you? Just checking
    06-25-10 03:30 PM
    Yep. It can't be disabled. Honestly, if someone is bugging you on BBM, just delete them.
    06-25-10 04:02 PM
    This thread is so funny, I can't stop laughing. I can barely type.

For me, the problem is not the trivial conversation, it's the barrage of calls/texts that amount to her engaging in trivial conversation because she's bored and lonely; and the [unspoken] demand that I be available to converse whenever she feels like talking [to someone].

What I can't get her to understand, is that if I don't answer, it's because I'm either unable or unavailable, and I'll call or respond when my situation changes and I'm able.

There's nothing like getting a text stating, "Did you get my text?" Or how about,"I called you, why didn't you answer?" Or better yet, how about getting a voice message stating, "Call me! You don't have a second to talk?"

Sometimes, I wish I could go back to days of the pager!
    06-25-10 05:16 PM
    ...Hey no blackberry issues with any of my men because if one doesn't respond, I have 23 others
    ***DAMN***

Guess knowing that'll make a man a little more responsive.
    06-25-10 05:19 PM
    It's easy, don't open it and read it until you can respond. Then it won't show the r. And if you have a girl that is that demanding maybe best to drop her.
    06-25-10 06:00 PM
    Naw, think of it this way, she's not demanding...she DESIRES you...there you go. There's the real reason she wants to hear from you. She MISSES you, she wants to know you are THINKING of her. So TELL her and then get on with your day. What's it take, 2 seconds?
    06-25-10 08:52 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD