11-19-09 06:18 PM
68 123
tools
    I cannot take credit for this link. A buddy of mine knew I was having the hardest time with my BBM and OS and all that other crap. He then found a post that had that link it and sent it to me right away. I was very iffy on trying it, but I did and it worked.

Make sure you delete the old BBM from your apps list. Let your phone reboot and then click the link and download.

FYI On mine it didn't save my contacts so I would suggest backing up your phone and your BBM contacts.
    07-22-09 04:27 PM
    Ahhhh ok I didnt get rid of BBM first, much appreciated.
    07-22-09 04:33 PM
    you are welcome and if anyone else with a curve has troubles send them to this thread.
    07-22-09 04:36 PM
    Go Amber! I'm sending another 2,500 members your way!
    07-22-09 04:38 PM
    HAHA bring them on!
    I have to help others because I was LOST without my BBM and thank God for BK because he was watching out for me! What kind of person would I be if I didn't help my curve owners get their BBM back? I'd be a crappy CB member thats what!
    07-23-09 08:36 AM
    this link is not opening or saving for me. what do i do now?
    07-24-09 08:32 AM
    it is an OTA LINK!
    you click the link when you are on your BB not computer!
    07-24-09 08:43 AM
    Follow these exact directions and you should have your OLD BBM back:
    1. Go to your options icon - click it
    2. Go to Advanced options - click it
    3. Go to Applications - click it
    4. Then find BBM on the apps list - delete it
    5. Once deleted let your phone reboot
    6. Then click this link http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/ (FYI this is an OTA link) in your blackberry browser!
    7. Have your BBM back!
    Good luck...many people have had much luck with this process, but if you do not follow those instructions you won't have bbm.
    07-24-09 08:51 AM
    it is an OTA LINK!
    you click the link when you are on your BB not computer!
    oh haha. sorry i'm a little slow :P
    07-24-09 09:00 AM
    you are a lifesaver thinkamp! thank you so much!!
    07-24-09 09:09 AM
    Uhm I didnt delete BBM 5.0 first and just ran the link on my curve.
    Will it hurt if I delete if afterwards??
    07-24-09 09:24 AM
    idk never done that...and i dont know if that is very sucessful.
    did it work for you?
    Last edited by thinkamp; 07-24-09 at 10:19 AM.
    07-24-09 09:26 AM
    is there an ota for the bbm for bold!?
    08-02-09 01:01 AM
    im glad you did this i called sprint and they coundlnt help me thinks for that

Ok I have been watching over the weekend on how people are on a love hate relationship with the new BBM 5.0.
    A lot of people are not aware or just plain do not want to wipe their device (understandable)
    Well thanks to thinkamp from this site who posted up a direct link for an ota fix for the BBM client, I am now back to using the original version.
    Here is the link.
    http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/

As much as I would love to take the credit for this link, thinkamp is the user who posted it somewhere in the middle of a thread so not a lot of people would see it. I have noticed there are SOOOOOOOOOO many threads started about "how do I switch back" so I thought I would take the liberty to post this for everybody.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 02:51 AM
    Works Great. Thanks. Breathing better now...
    08-10-09 03:02 PM
    Think, I followed your above steps and nothing happened. The installation appears as an application but no icon and no bbm. I guess it did not autorun after it was successfully installed. My bb has a OS 4.5. (I already deleted BBM 5.0). Any suggestions?
    10-09-09 06:14 PM
    im glad you did this i called sprint and they coundlnt help me thinks for that
    Think, I followed your above steps and nothing happened. The installation appears as an application but no icon and no bbm. I guess it did not autorun after it was successfully installed. My bb has a OS 4.5. (I already deleted BBM 5.0). Any suggestions?
    10-09-09 06:17 PM
    Thanks for the great instructions! Very helpful! I should have done research before installing 5.0. I'll upgrade until the iron out the kinks.
    11-19-09 06:18 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD