I have tried everything! Full software OS reload after wipe - including database by database rebuild, full BBM reconstruction from zero contacts and I'm still getting uncaught exception errors when I launch BBM. Running vodaphone 5.0.0.545 OS and what happens is BBM will launch and work for abt 20 seconds (seems like device is pinging network during this time) then gets sluggish and ultimately UEE out and then it wont relaunch.

Yes, I've replaced my Tmobile 9700 and error came up immediately on new device, even when clean no data transfer except BBM. I'm pulling my hair out and contemplating full BBRY abandonment after being a 10 year devotee.

any help or guidance is appreciated I've spent hours with tmo and RIM
    06-09-10 07:19 AM
    First, what version of BBM do you have loaded on your device???

Have you considered upgrading your device to one of the latest Official OS versions???
    06-09-10 07:25 AM
    First, what version of BBM do you have loaded on your device???

Have you considered upgrading your device to one of the latest Official OS versions???
    BBM 5.0.0.65, here's the issue, its basically working now and I can get it to do this abt 1/25 reboots, updating core software obvi comes along with rebooting and as I've updated to latest OS 3x and gotten the same result I was hoping there might be some other ideas that might shed somelight before I go back into purgatory of not being able to use bbm. I'm aware TMO has a new OS out and want to upgrade but not at the expense of losing BBM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 07:39 AM
    Have you tried going back to BBM 5.0.0.57?
    06-09-10 07:47 AM
    BBM 5.0.0.65, here's the issue, its basically working now and I can get it to do this abt 1/25 reboots, updating core software obvi comes along with rebooting and as I've updated to latest OS 3x and gotten the same result I was hoping there might be some other ideas that might shed somelight before I go back into purgatory of not being able to use bbm. I'm aware TMO has a new OS out and want to upgrade but not at the expense of losing BBM

1/25... 1 out of every 25 times???

And "updating core software obvi comes along with rebooting" - No it does NOT... I'm talking about upgrading your OS 5.0.0.680, which is the latest Official OS at the top of the 9700 forum.

"I've updated to latest OS 3x".... WHAT??? Like I said above 5.0.0.680 is the latest Official OS.

Consider upgrading your OS.
    06-09-10 07:51 AM
    1/25... 1 out of every 25 times???

And "updating core software obvi comes along with rebooting" - No it does NOT... I'm talking about upgrading your OS 5.0.0.680, which is the latest Official OS at the top of the 9700 forum.

"I've updated to latest OS 3x".... WHAT??? Like I said above 5.0.0.680 is the latest Official OS.

Consider upgrading your OS.
    Yes 1/25 = 1 of 25 times, I understand that there's a lates OS and what I'm saying is this problem has been going on for abt 3 months and over that time I've upgraded to latest and greatest 3x over that period and that has yet to fix the problem...so liklihood this OS will magically work seems like a low probability...any other ideas on what problem could be, I know this is extremely strange and really looking toi tap into colecive knowledge...

06-09-10 08:25 AM
    I have tried everything! Full software OS reload after wipe - including database by database rebuild, full BBM reconstruction from zero contacts and I'm still getting uncaught exception errors when I launch BBM. Running vodaphone 5.0.0.545 OS and what happens is BBM will launch and work for abt 20 seconds (seems like device is pinging network during this time) then gets sluggish and ultimately UEE out and then it wont relaunch.

Yes, I've replaced my Tmobile 9700 and error came up immediately on new device, even when clean no data transfer except BBM. I'm pulling my hair out and contemplating full BBRY abandonment after being a 10 year devotee.

any help or guidance is appreciated I've spent hours with tmo and RIM
    Backup your BBM contacts > Delete you current BBM > Get BBM 5.0.0.57 > reboot.

AND if the issue is not solved yet > Remove your Battery and Memory Card and put them back the next morning. Hopefully that will solve it
    06-09-10 08:45 AM
    I agree. I think it's BBM .65.
    06-09-10 09:02 AM
    I agree. I think it's BBM .65.
    hmmm definitely haven't tried the removal over night of battery and memory card, had 5.0.0.57 and was having the same issue but ill give that a whirl...thanks

06-09-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD