Hi everyone so my best friend just got a Peal flip and every time I bbm her she gets a text message right after of jibberish. Starts out "//brew:0x1074993://" then a ton of letters any ideas on what is causing this or how to make it stop?
    08-09-09 03:09 PM
    I dunno, it's kind of weird because brew has NOTHING to do with Blackberries, it's something used on VZWs non-smartphone devices (I believe it's sort of like JAVA with DRM, but i'm not sure). I was getting those for awhile when I switched from a LG Voyager to my Storm, but it turned out it had to do with my CityID feature on the Voyagers caller ID. I can't see getting a brew message from BBM, simply because it's not a BREW app.
    08-12-09 02:24 AM
    Have you tried to re-register the BB to the verizon network? Resend service books? Battery pull? All three? I would be curious to know what steps you have taken to fix this problem....
    08-12-09 02:26 AM
    I just got a blackberry curve 8330 and i keep recieving those dumb texts as well, not sure what to do about it or anything, infact i dont even know how to hardly work the dang thing i will be calling my carrier tmw to see how to put a stop to it
    02-06-10 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD