Ive got the 9700 running ver. .296 on AT&T..For some reason..at times when i text a person with SMS, and they have a BBerry, their reply not only falls in my SMS folder but also in my BBM folder??? **I have message Inbox's options also set to "Separate" and it still combines the messages..odd!! Any ideas on this?
    12-16-09 03:28 PM
    Mine does this as well. But only with people on my BBM AND Verzion.

I don't know how to fix it, but I'd love to find out.
    12-16-09 03:46 PM
    go into BBM and click the BB button when highlighting a contact and go down to "Remove Contact Link" click it and your problem will be solved, you may need to do this for every contact
    12-16-09 03:47 PM
    Matt,

When I removed the contact link the contact pic is gone. Is there anyway I can get back the pic? I guess I want my cake and eat it too

David W.
    01-06-10 05:49 PM
    Matt,

When I removed the contact link the contact pic is gone. Is there anyway I can get back the pic? I guess I want my cake and eat it too

David W.
    nope.

10-char

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 06:00 PM
    Why don't I have this "remove contact link" option of anything similar to this?

9700 running .443
    03-09-10 09:22 PM
    You get that option when the BBM contact you select is linked to one of your phone contacts. You have to select the actual contact, not the chat. You should either have Remove Link if s/he's linked, or Link Contact if it's not.

For some reason, when you link your contact, it throws SMS messages into BBM under a separate type of conversation.

I guess I can sort of see the utility -- it puts aggregates the different kinds of messages. But, we already have the 'messages' folder to do that for us, and further, having the same person under "Chats" twice, once for BBM's, and once for SMS is annoying (especially since I think ending the chat deletes the SMS thread).
    03-09-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD