Hi,

I have a curve 8520. I just upgraded my os to 4.6 but just figured out that i could've done a 5.0...but that's not the problem..
    So, after I upgraded I realized that none of the shortcut keys work..like "T" for top of the page, "B" for bottom..."R" for reply...
    Can anyone tell me why this doesn't work anymore? And if there is a way I can get this to work again?
    I used to have a pearl 8100 and the same thing happened when I upgraded the o.s...

And with my bbm..when i'm typing in the chat box..sometimes and i could say pretty often, the type box would go blank and i wouldn't be able to see what i'm typing...which is really annoying....=( Does this happen to anyone else with the 8520? I'm thinking of calling my carrier to get a replacement..

Any answers would be appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!
    06-02-10 10:08 PM
    Same thing happened to me!
    06-02-10 10:09 PM
    8520s come with 4.6.1 already. The bug you have is unusual... Consider updating to 5.0... With a little luck it should fix the issue...
    06-02-10 11:37 PM
    8520s come with 4.6.1 already. The bug you have is unusual... Consider updating to 5.0... With a little luck it should fix the issue...
    oh does it? then that's weird...because mine came with 4.5 ..Do you know if an official 5.0 came out for the 8520? I'm scared to use the leaked/beta version..
    thanks for your comment!
    06-03-10 12:21 AM
    Same thing happened to me!
    oh which problem? the shortcut or bbm? let me know if you find a solution! thanks!
    06-03-10 12:22 AM
    4.5? I find that extremely hard to believe. Shouldn't you have upgraded, I'd love to have a copy of the OS. I am betting you had 4.6.1.2xx and got an update to 4.6.1.3xx.

Check the sticky posts. You'll find an official 5.o there.

Hope it enough to get rid of the bug.
    06-03-10 01:08 AM
    4.5? I find that extremely hard to believe. Shouldn't you have upgraded, I'd love to have a copy of the OS. I am betting you had 4.6.1.2xx and got an update to 4.6.1.3xx.

Check the sticky posts. You'll find an official 5.o there.

Hope it enough to get rid of the bug.

Really?? wow...i must be really behind..because for sure i started with a 4.5.something...and NOW i'm at 4.6.1.290 haha... i should definitely upgrade to the 5.0 ..i'm wondering why blackberry.com didn't release the official 5.0 for 8520...or did they and i'm not good enough to find it.. =(

Anyway, thanks so much!! I'll try upgrading and see if everything goes back to normal...oh one more thing...how is your battery life? I know it depends on how much you use your phone per day..but on average?...mine seems really short ...
    06-03-10 01:22 AM
    Really?? wow...i must be really behind..because for sure i started with a 4.5.something...and NOW i'm at 4.6.1.290 haha... i should definitely upgrade to the 5.0 ..i'm wondering why blackberry.com didn't release the official 5.0 for 8520...or did they and i'm not good enough to find it.. =(

Anyway, thanks so much!! I'll try upgrading and see if everything goes back to normal...oh one more thing...how is your battery life? I know it depends on how much you use your phone per day..but on average?...mine seems really short ...
    1.5, 2, 2.5... Depends on how much Notebook time my day has. I'f I'm out all day, I usually get home at 20%. If I must go out of town, 1-4%. Never got home with a dead phone so far.

RIM (blackberry.com as you called it) released 5.0 long ago for most of their devices. Now,as why Rogers (and pretty much all carriers) is taking so long to release it to their clients. Still, any 8520 5.0 release will do since they are multilanguage. Grab it from the sticky post.
    06-03-10 09:26 AM
    Hi,

the type box would go blank and i wouldn't be able to see what i'm typing...
    If the screen goes blank in BBM and the typing pane freezes, one of two things: Either you've got BBM 5 and and an OS less than 5 installed. The typing pane freezes bc they don't play nice together. Mine did this until I updated to OS5. Typing pane kept freezing in BBM chats and BBM messages. Annoying as heck. Looked like I was typing drunk. Second reason - your phone is just being screwey. You can either do a batt pull if you've got OS5 and BBM already installed or delete BBM and reinstall using the DM. If you've got OS5 and BBM5 and it's still freezing, you may need a new phone. You could always nuke it and start over too.
    06-03-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD