I just received a replacement 3300 because I am unable to plug in a charger or usb cord to my old bb but before I start using the new phone, I wanted to make sure I had my latest address book contacts including email addresses, pin numbers etc.

I cannot though synch my old bb to my desktop b/c the connection part is broken on my old bb. I know I can save all phone numbers to the SIM phone book but is there anyway to easily save email addresses and pin numbers?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    11-19-09 10:11 AM
    Hi. Do you have a recent backup? Do you sync wirelessly to any service (myQ, SmrtGuard, gmail contact sync, Outlook, etc)?

If you have a recent backup you can select the "advanced" option under backup/restore in DM. The left panel will be the databases from your backup (first you have to select file -> open (pointing to the .ipd file). The right panel are the DBs on your new device. You can then highlight each database you want to restore to your phone individually (ie: contacts - all), click the arrows in between the panel, and load that DB to your new device. If you're using a gmail address to handle contact sync simply login to your carrier's BIS site, select the gmail account, cilck edit, and toggle the contact check box off, save, edit again and toggle it on, save, then send service books.
    11-19-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD