I am using a 8900 Curve.
    Does anyone know how to read the blackberry messages without "R"ing them. Is there a way to read the messages without the sender being notified that i have read them? cause i may not wanna reply to them.
    If i don't reply to them they get to know that i am ignoring them by not replying while i have already read the message.

Thanks
    09-20-09 11:01 PM
    sorry for posting in the wrong section. i had two windows opened. i could not delete the thread. i have the same question in the help forum. if anyone has something please reply
    09-20-09 11:10 PM
    not possible....just don't BBM with that person maybe...only SMS
    09-20-09 11:16 PM
    you can check your message box it gives you a short look at what they said

but bbm 5.0 gives you a bigger preview just dont click on their name
    09-22-09 10:31 AM
    Hahahhaha. Set your message view to 2 lines that way u can see a good portion of msg. I figured out that's what my ex was doin to me on our last months haha that *****. Anyways....juz go to ur options under message n do it. But if its really that problem juz text them. Tell them u don't like usin bbm or somethin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ibby-berry likes this.
    09-22-09 10:50 AM
    where do you change the 2 line thing?
    09-22-09 12:29 PM
    Can't do it on 5.0
    09-22-09 12:32 PM
    If you check your messages box, you should at least be able to read the first line. If you open the message, it'll count as read. Other than that, texting rather than bbm is going to be your only way.

09-29-09 07:50 AM
    yup. the "R" notification is automatically sent by the network and cannot be changed.
    09-29-09 08:46 AM
    Hahahhaha. Set your message view to 2 lines that way u can see a good portion of msg. I figured out that's what my ex was doin to me on our last months haha that *****. Anyways....juz go to ur options under message n do it. But if its really that problem juz text them. Tell them u don't like usin bbm or somethin.

Where do you change it to a 2 line thing?
    09-30-09 01:45 PM
    http://www.kobhi.ca/tutnav/35-tech/5...stealth-reader

02-10-11 12:15 PM
    im surprised no one has posted this trick but i tested it out with a friend a while back and the only way to read a message without sending a read receipt is to enable your history then once the other party's message(s) has come through, delete/end the chat without entering it. Then you simply have to go to your contact's history and read the message.
    02-20-11 07:21 PM
    the only way to read a message without sending a read receipt is to enable your history then once the other party's message(s) has come through, delete/end the chat without entering it. Then you simply have to go to your contact's history and read the message.
    Actually, no need to end the Chat even.
    With the Contact or the Chat with that contact highlighted, click MENU, then select View Chat History.

To enable this, in BBM Options set Save Chat History to Media Card. (You can save to device memory, but I'd highly recommend using media card.)
    NOTE: Only saves history from that point forward.
    02-20-11 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD