Hi Fellows,
    The personal email on my Bold 9700 does not work anymore. I was hoping whether someone could help me with this problem.

Below is the description:
    Provider: T-Mobile Netherlands, data plan contains BIS and BB email service.

Aim: To recover the personal email service

Symptom: While setting up emails, I can only get to the page asking me to activate the enterprise account which I did not plan to use at all. There is no way I can get to the setting page for personal email service.

Potential reasons:
    1. My provider is in Netherlands, while I am currently in Hong Kong. BUT during the first day in HK, with WIFI, the email service works. Besides Email and BBMessenger, other data services (Facebook, whatsapp...) is working fine here.
    2. I upgraded OS from 5.0 to 6.0 in which BIS service was installed. However, the OS setup was not from T-Mobile, because I need the Asian language from the package. BUT this problem has occurred before the upgrading. While using 5.0, the reason for email malfuntion was someting like "data service not available". After upgrading to 6.0, I was only directed to the enterprise setup page.

Are those the real reasons that caused my problem? If not, how can I solve it?

Thank you in advance!
    02-27-12 08:34 AM
    Try to re-send your service books to T-Mobile...
    That worked for me last time.

Your email and data should be fine when you are on Wifi.
    If you removed the Vendor file (which i suppose you did) cause installing the os succeeded?
    In the connection properties you should have the "data services" on (also on Wifi).
    When you want to use the network (check your international roaming settings at your tmobile.nl profile...)
    In this latter case you should have the option "use data when roaming" ON? But that makes your bill rock!
    Last edited by BestWildcard; 02-27-12 at 12:20 PM.
    02-27-12 12:16 PM

If you removed the Vendor file (which i suppose you did) cause installing the os succeeded?
    In the connection properties you should have the "data services" on (also on Wifi).
    When you want to use the network (check your international roaming settings at your tmobile.nl profile...)
    In this latter case you should have the option "use data when roaming" ON? But that makes your bill rock!
    Thank you so much for the answer!

Indeed, the "use data when roaming" popped up. And if I remember it correctly, I removed the Vendor. (I also wiped the device.)

But may I ask again what a "service book" is and where can I find it?

Thanks again.
    02-27-12 10:50 PM

worked for me too
    02-28-12 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD