Hello all,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700. The phone is from Canada on the Rodgers wireless network.

I am currently in Germany. The phone is unlocked and has a FONIC " pay as you go" sim card in it.

I can surf the internet with my phone and make calls. I have a flat rate internet plan.

The problems I have are:

1) BBM msg cannot be sent or recieved. A red clock symbol shows up.
    2) Same problem with sending emails.
    3) When I try and go on BlackBerry app world this msg appears " Blackberry App world is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry app World server. Verify your network connections and try again".

Please help. I really want to be able to use my bbm. Plus I am paying for the internet anyways.

Cheers,

R
    03-03-11 07:02 AM
    Fonic doesn't give you BIS functionality. It has to be activated by the provider if possible. Not sure if fonic has BIS.
    03-03-11 07:05 AM
    Hello Steiale,

Thankyou for the help! What is BIS and with which carrier in germany would I be able to activate BIS?

Cheers,

R
    03-03-11 10:16 AM
    Hello Steiale,

Thankyou for the help! What is BIS and with which carrier in germany would I be able to activate BIS?

Cheers,

R
    03-03-11 10:31 AM
    I believe that Deutsche Telekom offers prepaid T-Mobile BIS service in Germany. Or at least I thought I'd read that in here before. I'd use the search function in this forum to seek out more info.
    03-03-11 12:35 PM
    Before I ask a question, I usually use the search function on the forums to dig up answers. That way, like some do, but I don't, yell at people for not using it before they post a thread. I usually remind people in a kind manner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD