Does anyone have a way to restore the older version of BBM before v.5.0.056
    I hate that you have to download a picture now or voice note.
    It was so easy to send a pic via BBM now you have to save it and download it and find where it was save,
    Please let there be a way.. HELP!!!
    Please email me if you can at ...
    Last edited by jviolante; 12-23-09 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added email
    12-23-09 03:50 PM
    Removed Email, it is not a good idea to post your email address on a public forum.

It is also not the best way to receive advise. If somebody replies with incorrect or misleading information, there is no public monitoring and oppertunity to correct.

BlackBerry Messenger is a core component in the device OS software. You can downgrade using Applications Loader.
    12-23-09 04:02 PM
    DO NOT downgrade to an earlier build of BBM v5, they are buggy.

My choice was to go back to the BBM which shipped with my device software. That's 4.6.0 on my Bold, and it should be 4.7.x on your Storm. Reed is correct, if you go into Apps Loader or Desktop Manager you should be able to remove the v5 bugware and restore a good version.

Assuming you already have your phone's current OS downloaded and installed to your PC, I found the best process is:

1. Backup using desktop manager. You MUST do this or you lose all your BBM contacts and need to re-add everyone.
    2. Uninstall BBM5
    3. Reboot (battery pull) after it restarts from the uninstall
    4. Open Loader and ADD BlackBerry Messenger
    5. Reboot again
    6. Go into Desktop Manager, Backup/Restore, and select Advanced to restore ONLY your BBM contacts.
    7. Reboot a third time.

It sounds more complicated than it really is. If you are running old software on the phone this is a good opportunity to upgrade anyway.

Be aware RIM will bombard you with messages to upgrade to BBM 5.0.0.57. This is still early beta quality and only removes the defect that crashed the network yesterday, it does nothing for all the other bugs.
    12-23-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD