So last night I took the battery out of my phone beacuse it was dying and I needed it to last, when i put the battery back in the phone took almost 10 min to turn on and BBM was no longer on my phone and when I go to SMS and MMS it says "uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" what does that mean and how do I fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 06:46 AM
    So last night I took the battery out of my phone beacuse it was dying and I needed it to last, when i put the battery back in the phone took almost 10 min to turn on and BBM was no longer on my phone and when I go to SMS and MMS it says "uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" what does that mean and how do I fix it?

Sounds like a theme issue on the reboot. Try another battery pull and allow it to reboot. Might have to download BBM again. Which theme are/were you using?
    01-29-10 07:10 AM
    Just the precison zen theme that's installed on the phone, I tried another battery pull but nothing, I need the sms bak too

01-29-10 07:18 AM
    Id try an OS reload. Get it from sprint.com/downloads. Select smartphones, then your phone, and you'll see it on that page.
    01-30-10 08:58 PM
    Yeah OS reload sounds to be the way to go

01-31-10 04:27 AM
    Make sure you back up all of your info before you re load a new os. I don't want to see a new thread in the morning; Reloaded os, and now all my info is gone. Lol. Good luck.

01-31-10 04:49 AM
    I sometimes receive this error, when running 3rd party software. Normally I would just do a re-start and it would be fixed. I wouldnt loose any applications though. Which in your case is strange, there must be something thats causing this. I'd say take it in and hear what your carrier says.
    01-31-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD