Hi,
    Tonight, I started to download the newer version of BBM (I previously had 5.0.0.33 and the new version is 5.0.0.57). However, after it started downloading, the screen froze. So, I restarted my BB (alt+caps+del). After restarting, there was no BBM (neither old nor new) and when I went to BB App World to start the download again, it was as if I had already downloaded it (it wouldn't let me download it again). What should I do?! There is no option to download it and the old version is gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
    12-28-09 09:45 PM
    Try going to blackberry.com/messenger from the browser on your device. That will take you to the download site and from there you should be able to run the install. Keep in mind, BBM 5.0.0.57 is a pretty big install. On the older devices (8XXX) the install might take a while. Hope this helps!
    12-29-09 07:40 AM
    This is my suggestion
    go to options --> applications
    find BBM if it is listed there, if so delete it from that list
    if the phone reboots, let it reboot
    go to blackberry.com/messenger and download as suggested above me
    let the phone reboot after installation
    12-29-09 08:25 AM
    I was having exactly the same problem, trying the above suggestion now - deleted BBM from Applications first and now am downloading so far about 50% complete. The only thing that's different with mine is my Blackberry App World is having similar hanging issues trying to download an update - is there a new version of Blackberry App World also? curious? will update my progress
    12-29-09 11:37 AM
    the above fix worked - then I updated Blackberry App World also
    12-29-09 01:21 PM
    ben.keen, that's what i did and it worked! thanks so much! thanks to everyone else, also.
    12-29-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD