recently, my long time companion , the BB 8800 has developed a strange and very productivity disturbing problem. New messages whether they are sms, emails, or bbms, will not show in any of its mailboxes. i have tried using the search function of this forum to see if anyone else has had this problem before but nothing showed up.
    For example, you know how when u write a new, lets say, sms, it will show up in the mailbox as a sent item? that wont even happen on my 8800. its not like that i cant send any messages, coz ive tested it and all sms and emails that i sent came through and delivered perfectly to their intended receiving ends. The problem is i cannot see it and any reply that comes afterwards. I subscribe to a number of mailing lists and it has been days since i saw any new msg in my 8800 , even though 300+ new messages had shown up on the same mailbox that is synched to my other smartphone (that one is running an OS of the gingerbread kind, sorry, normally the bb would ALWAYS show new emails faster, day in day out).

So in an effort to avoid the demise of this loyal companion of mine, anyone, please help me in resolving this problem.

ps: the usb data connection had been out of order since like a year ago, so i havent tried reinstalling a new os. But if i have to resort to a fresh os installation to solve this problem then i might, invest in getting it fixed. The port in question has no problem in charging though.

Thank you for anyone who reads this.
    03-16-11 03:15 PM
    Well, I really want to help and there are several people on here that feel the same I'm sure, however, the issue you described in great detail (thank you) still has lots and lots of possible solutions. Are you still getting data on the phone? Are you able to browse the web? When was the last time you pulled your battery? Are you currently using a theme?

These are all good places to start. Let us know the answers and we'll go from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD